problems using JCE as editor

6 years 3 months ago #301267 by andrewn51
problems using JCE as editor was created by andrewn51
Two things - would welcome comments/help on either/both:

1) I'm using JCE Pro (latest version) as an installed editor. When I create native articles everything is fine (latest 3.8.3 Joomla). However, if I use this editor in CB, selecting it via user profile, whenever I create a blog article, it inserts a readmore at the top of the article above the text. This messes with the blog view since in essence there is no intro text and all text appears after the readmore.

2) Where do I set the default editor in CB, and perhaps inactivate secondary editors...I'd like to create a common experience for members so that my instructions for blog entry will be uniform throughout.

Many thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301268 by nant
Replied by nant on topic problems using JCE as editor

andrewn51 wrote: Two things - would welcome comments/help on either/both:

1) I'm using JCE Pro (latest version) as an installed editor. When I create native articles everything is fine (latest 3.8.3 Joomla). However, if I use this editor in CB, selecting it via user profile, whenever I create a blog article, it inserts a readmore at the top of the article above the text. This messes with the blog view since in essence there is no intro text and all text appears after the readmore.

2) Where do I set the default editor in CB, and perhaps inactivate secondary editors...I'd like to create a common experience for members so that my instructions for blog entry will be uniform throughout.

Many thanks!

CB uses joomla editor.

6 years 3 months ago #301270 by andrewn51
Replied by andrewn51 on topic problems using JCE as editor
Thanks - I understand that the default editor is the Joomla Editor. If you look in the user profile, however, you can specify any editor that is installed on your site. I'd like to use JCE instead of TinyMice or Joomla...hence my two part question.

6 years 3 months ago #301271 by nant

andrewn51 wrote: Thanks - I understand that the default editor is the Joomla Editor. If you look in the user profile, however, you can specify any editor that is installed on your site. I'd like to use JCE instead of TinyMice or Joomla...hence my two part question.

Yes and CB will honor this Joomla functionality.

6 years 3 months ago #301272 by andrewn51
Replied by andrewn51 on topic problems using JCE as editor
Yes but you haven't addressed either question...why is readmore screwed up; and can it be changed to set a different editor (in my case JCE) as the default for all subscribers?
Thanks,
A

6 years 3 months ago #301273 by nant

andrewn51 wrote: Yes but you haven't addressed either question...why is readmore screwed up; and can it be changed to set a different editor (in my case JCE) as the default for all subscribers?
Thanks,
A

No idea about your readmore - I have used jce on many sites with CB without issues.

How are you testing?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn