problems using JCE as editor

6 years 3 months ago #301289 by andrewn51
Replied by andrewn51 on topic problems using JCE as editor
I'm testing simply by creating new blogs and typing in text without adding a readmore...then saving. When I look at the category blog, the initial display shows know text untinue you click on the continue reading button.
If I then re-edit the entry and look at the code, there is a readmore in front of all of the text.

Now that I have purchased the developer package, maybe I'll post a question in the developer forum...

Thanks,
Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301293 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problems using JCE as editor
This has nothing to do with CB. CB has no control over how JCE processes content nor any control over how Joomla displays articles. Read more doesn't do anything for fields, because read more is built for Joomla articles. It doesn't work anywhere else. If you've any further JCE issues please post them on JCE forums. Our support is for our products only. We can not help you with 3rd party extensions or Joomla issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301296 by andrewn51
Replied by andrewn51 on topic problems using JCE as editor
Except as I mentioned, if I create a joomla article using JCE it works fine....it's only when I create a blog with JCE that it happens. Doesn't that point to a CB issue??
Thanks,
Andrew

6 years 3 months ago #301300 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic problems using JCE as editor
Joomla read more is processed on article store to split the article into intro and full text. CB Blogs does not get processed through this and is why by default it provides the into and full text as separate inputs unless you configured it to intro only or full only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn