Error

Please login first

Auto unpublish groups

8 years 5 months ago #274051 by LineMine
Auto unpublish groups was created by LineMine
Hi
Can you tell me if its possible to auto unpublish a group in GroupJive? The scenario I have in mind is a where a site member upgrades their membership through a subscription, say from Standard to Special, and as a Special member they can create groups. So far so good, as I know all this is possible with CB. However, when their membership expires, and they are downgraded to a Standard member again, is it possible to set up GrouopJive/CB so that any groups they have created will be unpublished?
I have tried to sort through this looking at Auto actions ( I have this from being a Professional subscriber, which I will be renewing in the near future) but I just can't quite work it out, sorry.
The topic has been locked.
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274054 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Auto unpublish groups

LineMine wrote: Hi
Can you tell me if its possible to auto unpublish a group in GroupJive? The scenario I have in mind is a where a site member upgrades their membership through a subscription, say from Standard to Special, and as a Special member they can create groups. So far so good, as I know all this is possible with CB. However, when their membership expires, and they are downgraded to a Standard member again, is it possible to set up GrouopJive/CB so that any groups they have created will be unpublished?
I have tried to sort through this looking at Auto actions ( I have this from being a Professional subscriber, which I will be renewing in the near future) but I just can't quite work it out, sorry.

You should be able to do this with an SQL query action (or a CBSubs query actions if you are managing members this way).
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274107 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Auto unpublish groups
Hi
In fact it occurred to me that simply preventing the owner from scheduling events would be better. I can see that group creators are automatically the owners, and so I can't see any obvious way of doing this when their ACL/usergroup status changes as a result of a subscription expiry. I can't see any way of doing this looking at Auto Actions either, but its not something I fully understand yet, I'm afraid. Can you suggest a way of doing this, stopping scheduling of events in groups owned by a user, automatically?
8 years 5 months ago #274111 by nant

LineMine wrote: Hi
In fact it occurred to me that simply preventing the owner from scheduling events would be better. I can see that group creators are automatically the owners, and so I can't see any obvious way of doing this when their ACL/usergroup status changes as a result of a subscription expiry. I can't see any way of doing this looking at Auto Actions either, but its not something I fully understand yet, I'm afraid. Can you suggest a way of doing this, stopping scheduling of events in groups owned by a user, automatically?

Simple way would be to downgrade user from owner to regular member (SQL action would be needed) when subscription expires.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LineMine
8 years 3 months ago #276780 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic Auto unpublish groups
I can't see a global way of filtering which user level can create events. Can you tell me if this is possible? The way things are working on my test site at the moment, all group members can schedule events. It seems to be possible to restrict this at a group level, by disabling events under the Integrations/events tab, but this also makes the tab on the group page invisible?
8 years 3 months ago #276788 by nant

LineMine wrote: I can't see a global way of filtering which user level can create events. Can you tell me if this is possible? The way things are working on my test site at the moment, all group members can schedule events. It seems to be possible to restrict this at a group level, by disabling events under the Integrations/events tab, but this also makes the tab on the group page invisible?

This is no longer a presales thread.

Please start a new thread in the professional support forum area.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn