Can CB a satisfying solution for what I need?

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274749 by Elnino38
Hi there,

I'm an experienced Joomla user and developer but I don't know CB at all.
What I need to achieve for a "Therapists Training Website":

Give the therapists the ability to subscribe a yearly membership on the front-end and if subscribed, they should be able to assign themselves into category of expertise. They should be able to modify their profile.

The visitors (non-registered, anonymous) of the site should be able to access the list of member therapists by choosing a category of expertise (menu or drop-down list). When they click on the name of the therapist on this list they can see the appropriate therapist detailed profile.

If a member therapist do not renew his membership, his profile should no longer show up. His profile should be able to be assigned to multiple category of expertise.

Is CB a good component for this? If this is not, what would you recommend (a directory component maybe)?

Thanks for your input.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #274776 by nant

Elnino38 wrote: Hi there,

I'm an experienced Joomla user and developer but I don't know CB at all.

Hi and welcome to our forums!
I will try to address your use case below ...

What I need to achieve for a "Therapists Training Website":

Give the therapists the ability to subscribe a yearly membership on the front-end and if subscribed, they should be able to assign themselves into category of expertise. They should be able to modify their profile.

You can do this using CB and CBSubs GPL (paid membership solution).

WIth CBSubs you can have frontend membership levels that have fees and durations.
You can also use the CBSubs CB Field integration to push values to specific CB Fields when a user subscriptions starts (and remove value from field when subscription expires).

WIth CBSubs you can also show/hide fields on user profiles based on active cbsubs subscriptions. So for example your category of expertise field will only show on profiles of subscribed users.

The visitors (non-registered, anonymous) of the site should be able to access the list of member therapists by choosing a category of expertise (menu or drop-down list). When they click on the name of the therapist on this list they can see the appropriate therapist detailed profile.

You can configure searchable CB User lists for this and have public user profiles.

If a member therapist do not renew his membership, his profile should no longer show up.

You can filter the CB User list to only show users that have active subscriptions (based on the CB Field integration I mentioned earlier).

His profile should be able to be assigned to multiple category of expertise.

If I understand this correctly you would just need a multi-select CB field for your expertise categories.

Is CB a good component for this? If this is not, what would you recommend (a directory component maybe)?

Thanks for your input.

The building blocks are available for your use case.
You could also use a directory, but since all your directory intries correspond to real users and you need membership subscriptions, CB/CBSubs is probably a better match.

Hope this helped.

8 years 5 months ago #274866 by Elnino38
Replied by Elnino38 on topic Can CB a satisfying solution for what I need?
Thanks a lot for this detailed answer.

8 years 5 months ago #274931 by nant

Elnino38 wrote: Thanks a lot for this detailed answer.

You are welcome.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn