[SOLVED] Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #160347 by kssulliv
I'm having trouble uploading to my site or my client is, for some reason his photos are about 1.5MB and he tries to upload them via the upload profile pic and we constantly get the same error even though I have increased the photo size in CB and joomla. I am using CB 1.3.1 and joomla 1.5. I have uploaded smaller files with no problem and if there was an error that showed up that said your picture is too big it would be fine but my users are not going to understand the error and will just see it as our site isn't working properly.

I get the following error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10368 bytes) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 415

As well I am running Sim Gallery and I have increased allowed file sizes on it as well and if you upload a large picture on it it says 'uploaded successfully' and then won't display the picture.

Any help is greatly appreciated as I need to get this fixed asap. Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #160390 by jojo12
why don't you update first to cb 1.4?

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #160392 by nant
Most likely you GD library is exhausting all your memory trying to resize/compress the image.

You should consider switching to imagemagik as it is less of a memory hog.

You can of course try increasing PHP memory (ask you host) first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kssulliv

12 years 11 months ago #160499 by kssulliv
Thank you I did end up asking my host to increase PHP memory and it fixed the problem right away. :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn