[SOLVED] after 30day trial....

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163424 by ellare
[SOLVED] after 30day trial.... was created by ellare
so I have my CBSubs set up for a free 30 day trial and after that the "upgrade now or cant use site" messaging will kick in.

Is there a way that if the user doesn't upgrade after 30 days + 10 day grace period - that his entire member-user can/will delete, along with all his input that he's provided?

or would something like that need to be done the old fashioned way - with an Admin managing it ?

thx
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163427 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: after 30day trial....

ellare wrote: so I have my CBSubs set up for a free 30 day trial and after that the "upgrade now or cant use site" messaging will kick in.

Is there a way that if the user doesn't upgrade after 30 days + 10 day grace period - that his entire member-user can/will delete, along with all his input that he's provided?

or would something like that need to be done the old fashioned way - with an Admin managing it ?

thx
LrG

Unfortunately the old fashion way is the only safe way to do it at the moment as deleting from the backend CB User Manager area will fire all triggers to allow other properly coded plugins to remove their data (example PMS, Gallery, ProfileBook).

Even though your suggestion is a nice feature request, I do not think you want it applied to your specific use case. If you have a free trial that ends and cannot be renewed, then I would want the used email/username to not be able to resubscribe to trial again. If you delete the user then they couls just register again with same credentials.

12 years 11 months ago #163429 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: after 30day trial....
perfect! thanks for the fast reply! is there some kind of email alert that can be generated alerting the admins that MemberUserX account has expired and they are past the grace period ? (( sorry i haven't gotten that far yet in the 400 pg manual which i did print out ;) )))

LrG

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163430 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: after 30day trial....

ellare wrote: perfect! thanks for the fast reply! is there some kind of email alert that can be generated alerting the admins that MemberUserX account has expired and they are past the grace period ? (( sorry i haven't gotten that far yet in the 400 pg manual which i did print out ;) )))

LrG

I believe the CBSubs email integration can do this.

You can also use a CBSubs CB Fields integration to have CBSubs automatically set a CB field (e.g., cb_trialover) to 1 (if it is a checkbox) when subscription ends.

This way you can manually use CB User Manager advanced search to find all accounts that have trial expired and just remove them one at a time from the same screen.

12 years 11 months ago #163431 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: after 30day trial....
yes it does! i just didnt scroll down the page far enough! Thanks Nant!

LrG

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn