1.6.3 "not authorized" issue

12 years 11 months ago #164364 by ellare
1.6.3 "not authorized" issue was created by ellare
Hi

Im posting this on behalf of a fellow J!/CB associate who wants to use CB and CBSubs on a new site project. He's trying to install it on 1.6.3 (( I currently still use 1.5.23 so I cant help him troubleshoot at this point )) and he's getting error messages:

He wants to use CB and pay for the pro membership but needs it to work before he can commit to that.

Here's his post:

We have installed CB to have a play and see if we will use it for a national company over here.

Issue is CB 1.4 installed in a Joomla 1.6.3 environment.(We need it for teh ACL) Every time I'm editing a user in the backend and want to save, I get a javascript box with 'Not Authorized'. After OK I turn back to the editing window.

I'm logged in as super user and tried several settings in the moderator tab within the CB configuration window.

... we want to check this out before we purchase for the client etc. Have you got any ideas we can look to while waiting on the forums. Intention is to set up, have a play and then include CB Subs.

Any ideas or assisatnce would be appreciated if you can spare the time.

Part of the scope of work needed on the site:Scope is fairly straight forward at the moment.
1. Client is a national body and requires various levels of administrator access for editing different criteria etc.
2. CB fits the bill after we checked other options as CB Subs will be aded to the base immediately to automate all Membership Subscriptions.

Thanks!
LrG
The following user(s) said Thank You: egrove

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #164365 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: 1.6.3 "not authorized" issue
Make sure that the account used when logging in to backend is only in super user group (and nothing else). Then try again.

12 years 11 months ago #164412 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: 1.6.3 "not authorized" issue
thanks Nant... I passed it along :)

12 years 11 months ago #164437 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: 1.6.3 "not authorized" issue
HI
This is what he replied:

That was the first thing we had done. Have set myself up as a Super User and there are only two other test items in the db. Can't delete or edit anything though - that is the issue.

I will have a look around when I get back in on Monday...

When we have an answer I will update you and place it into the forum as I see a few others have the same issue so would appear to be a bug we are thinking at this stage.

12 years 11 months ago #164458 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn