Removing free for lifetime subscription

12 years 9 months ago #169220 by apdt
I'm referring to the following thread: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/88-usage/104831-error-plan--none

1. If I understand it correctly, there is no way to remove the 'None - Free for lifetime subscription' from the backend?

2. For some members, this option is shown as a selected radio button, but for some there is no radio button next to it. Why?

3. Kyle suggested to set the global config to 'No' but here is the tooltip description for 'Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans' option: Setting this to NO and also NOT allowing free registered user doesn't make sense. So which one is correct?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169238 by beat
1. It is needed to be able to downgrade a user to "no plan" if the system allows "no plan for free registered users" without cancelling or deleting a subscription. You can't delete it, but you can change the text using the language plugin and editing the string there.

2. The radio will appear if this is a possible choice

3. Yes, what Kyle wrote can make sense in regards to making the none disapear:

Set both the following to NO:
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions):
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans:

That way the system allows "no plan for free registered users", making the none disapear (see 1), but still doesn't allow free registered users if that's what you want.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn