Error? Plan : None

14 years 10 months ago #104831 by littlewyvern
Error? Plan : None was created by littlewyvern
Hi, I am running into a problem with my subscriptions plans and cannot seem to find a way to resolve it.

I am using Joomla 1.5.11 with CB 1.2.1 and CBSubs 1.0.1

When I go to edit an existing user (or attempt to create a new user) through the CB User Management screen on the Plans tab for the user I see the various plans that I have created. However, at the bottom of the list of plans is a mysterious exclusive plan with its radio button already selected. The plan is described as having name: "None". It has no description and lists its price as "Free for Lifetime."

The None plan does not appear on the frontend registration page. It is only in the backend.

This mystery plan suddenly started appearing recently as I changed around the settings and structure of my other plans. However, now that it exists I am unable to save any changes to any of my users. I am also unable to create new users via the backend. The "Save" button seems to have been completely deactivated.

I have three parent level plans that are marked as non-exclusive. Each of those parent plans has one or two exclusive children plans. However, because I have no exclusive parent level plans I am unable to de-select the radio button next to the mystery "None" plan.

Just as a test I tried changing my parent level plans to be exclusive (and thus changing their selection buttons from checkboxes to radio buttons). The None plan did not disappear, but this arrangement did allow me to unselect the None plan... however the Save button remained broken.

I am requiring a plan (allow free registered users = no) and thus have "create subscriptions also for lifetime plans" set to Yes. I wonder if this is related to the problem, but I have no idea how to go about finding a workable solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.
~ Jason

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #104861 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error? Plan : None
Please check your global settings for CBSubs under Registration settings on the Global tab.
Show subscription plans at registration:
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions):
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans:

You likely have free plans enabled and thus a user is a free user (not shown anywhere, but to you on backend). This is to allow a user to register and user your site without selecting a plan.

Set both the following to NO:
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions):
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans:

This will prevent registration without selecting a plan though (they'll be forced to select a plan). Those already registered will still be None I believe, but next login will be forced to subscribe.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/14 16:18

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #104877 by littlewyvern
Replied by littlewyvern on topic Re:Error? Plan : None
That's what I had guessed, but changing those settings has no effect.

I also tried uninstalling both CB and CBSubs (although I didn't delete existing databases, which may make the rest of the un-installation pointless) and when I reinstalled them the problem remained.

Existing users- and all attempts to create new users - still show this None plan. I wouldn't really care about it since it's in the backend only, but the presence of the None plan seems to be related to the total deactivation of the Save button. I click Save and usually nothing happens. Seemingly randomly I click Save and then am shown a javascript Alert box saying that I don't have permission to do that, then it bounces me to a blank screen where the URL reads index2.php. That seems generally non-reproducable though, as it happens at random times and may or may not actually be related to this or just CB/Joomla in general.

When I look at the source of the user edit page the html that displays this mystery plan is as follows:

[code:1] <div class='cbregPlanSelector cbclearboth'>
<div class='fieldCell cbregTick'>

<input type="radio" name="cbpaidsubscriptionsplanE[0][selected][]" id="cbpaidsubscriptionsplan0" value="0" checked="checked" />
</div>
<div class='fieldCell cbRegNameDesc'>
<div class='captionCell cbregName'>
<label for="cbpaidsubscriptionsplan0">None</label>
</div>
<div class='fieldCell cbregParagraph'>
<div class='cbregFee'>
<span class="cbregRate">Free</span><span class="cbregFor"> for </span><span class="cbregValidity">lifetime</span>.
</div>
</div>

</div>
</div>
[/code:1]

I don't know if that means anything to you, but maybe it does... At this point CBSubs is becoming basically pointless. I can successfully register users using the frontend, but the backend is completely unusable in terms of creating or editing users.

14 years 10 months ago #104881 by littlewyvern
Ok, I did a fresh install of both CB and CBSubs on a new environment and things are working fine. Even when I change the settings you suggested both to NO I am still seeing the None plan in the backend but at least it lets me save... so I guess that's unrelated?

It turns out that I am getting a javascript error when I click the Save button.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:46:43 UTC

Line: 181
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: fantasybluebook.com/administrator/index2.php

Does anyone know what that might mean or where I might continue looking? Is this just a Joomla issue or does it seem related to CB/CBSubs?

Index2.php does nothing but include Index.php... which in turn includes several files. Tracking down line 181 will not be simple, but I guess I have no choice, eh?

14 years 10 months ago #104890 by littlewyvern
ok... I guess you can close this thread or something. I tracked down the problem and it is related to CB not CBSubs.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,77/id,104888/#104888

The whole None plan is still a little weird, but I'll live with it. Thanks for the help.

14 years 10 months ago #104891 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error? Plan : None
The none plan will always display in the backend. This is for administrator usage before and should just be ignored. If the frontend of your site is acting as configured then this is how your site will act.

However in backend you have the option of stripping a users subscription away and putting them in the None category.

It's possible the JS issue is coming from a plugin as all plugins are rendered in the user manager page when editing or creating a user, try disabling all but the default plugins and tabs to see if this resolves your issue. I know you mentioned doing a fresh install but does the fresh install have any additional plugins? Does the JS error happen on the fresh install or on your original install?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds