replacement tags documention?

12 years 9 months ago #169638 by oooshola
replacement tags documention? was created by oooshola
Hello,

I am using a Joomla 1.5.23 build, CB 1.4. Does any real documentation exist for replacement tags and cb:if syntax, etc.?

The closest thing I've found is this: www.allmysocials.com/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&id=233:substitution-usage However, it is not comprehensive.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169652 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: replacement tags documention?

oooshola wrote: Hello,

I am using a Joomla 1.5.23 build, CB 1.4. Does any real documentation exist for replacement tags and cb:if syntax, etc.?

The closest thing I've found is this: www.allmysocials.com/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&id=233:substitution-usage However, it is not comprehensive.

Thanks!

That is all we have at the moment (working on new documentation for CB 2.0).

If you have a specific usage question just ask and we will respond.

12 years 9 months ago #169656 by oooshola
Replied by oooshola on topic Re: replacement tags documention?
Hmmm.... :( Ok. So does Joomlapolis run that allmysocials website, or no? Perhaps I can contact them about a more comprehensive listing of replacement syntax?

Because, the only problem with asking specific questions here, is that I have no questions yet. I simply want to learn all about replacement tags. Without this base knowledge, I won't know whether to try a solution with replacement tags or to ask here about other possibilities.

If it comes to it, and there are no other central resources, I guess I can look at this file and try to decipher the _evaluateXXX methods: plugin.foundation.php

12 years 9 months ago #169657 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: replacement tags documention?

oooshola wrote: Hmmm.... :( Ok. So does Joomlapolis run that allmysocials website, or no? Perhaps I can contact them about a more comprehensive listing of replacement syntax?

That's Kyle's site (krileon) who is a member of the CB Team.

Because, the only problem with asking specific questions here, is that I have no questions yet. I simply want to learn all about replacement tags. Without this base knowledge, I won't know whether to try a solution with replacement tags or to ask here about other possibilities.

If it comes to it, and there are no other central resources, I guess I can look at this file and try to decipher the _evaluateXXX methods: plugin.foundation.php

More reading is available here:

magazine.joomla.org/component/k2/itemlist/user/65-nicholasgantimisiaris

as I have written 2 Joomla magazine articles with delimiter field examples.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn