[#2958] email as username

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181440 by efficiamail
[#2958] email as username was created by efficiamail
I know how to use email as username in cb but i am going to use mod_login (default login module of joomla) because of the way it's displayed.

This is my website: exchangemailstat.com

As you can see, the login is formatted. I tried to do that using cblogin but i failed.

Here's the situation:

I disabled username

The default username will be -> firstname + <whitespace> + lastname

I want to change this to email.

So what happens is that if username is unpublished, it will copy the email as the default username in order to login to the default login module of joomla.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181443 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: email as username

efficiamail wrote: I know how to use email as username in cb but i am going to use mod_login (default login module of joomla) because of the way it's displayed.

This is my website: exchangemailstat.com

As you can see, the login is formatted. I tried to do that using cblogin but i failed.

Here's the situation:

I disabled username

The default username will be -> firstname + <whitespace> + lastname

I want to change this to email.

So what happens is that if username is unpublished, it will copy the email as the default username in order to login to the default login module of joomla.

Thank you.

You really need to use CB Login module.
Ask your template provider to assist you to format the CB login module in a similar way (css is needed).

12 years 5 months ago #181444 by nant
Regarding the username - email - name question.

If you also don't show name and username during registration then both should be populated with the email address I believe.

Another method is to use Kyle's new CB auto action plugin to use field action to change username to [email] after registration trigger.

12 years 5 months ago #181521 by efficiamail
Replied by efficiamail on topic Re: email as username
hey i installed autoactions plugin now but im stuck. i don't know the variable used for email. please help thank you.

Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #181522 by efficiamail
Replied by efficiamail on topic Re: email as username
when i tried saving autoactions plugin, it keeps on saying session expired. i changed browsers, still the same results. please respond asap.

12 years 5 months ago #181529 by nant

efficiamail wrote: hey i installed autoactions plugin now but im stuck. i don't know the variable used for email. please help thank you.

The replacement for email address is [email].

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn