[SOLVED]CBSubs not assigning correct user group...

12 years 5 months ago #182245 by pdgjohn
Oh man was hoping for something obvious I missed.

I will try to unpublish these items but this specific issue only occurred after the PP gateway was enabled. However there could have been something else customized right before that but all the community builder plugins had already been installed and the site was tested with a dummy gateway and worked fine. Users were automatically enabled and put in the right Joomla user group during that testing period.

I am going to try to install another working copy and go step by step first. See if I can get it working that way. I am allowed to run a second version of Joomla on the same domain I assume w/ CB Subs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182259 by nant

pdgjohn wrote: Oh man was hoping for something obvious I missed.

I will try to unpublish these items but this specific issue only occurred after the PP gateway was enabled. However there could have been something else customized right before that but all the community builder plugins had already been installed and the site was tested with a dummy gateway and worked fine. Users were automatically enabled and put in the right Joomla user group during that testing period.

I am going to try to install another working copy and go step by step first. See if I can get it working that way. I am allowed to run a second version of Joomla on the same domain I assume w/ CB Subs.

If you could reproduce on a clean slate than that would help alot, as I cannot (yes you can use CBSubs license on test site)

12 years 5 months ago #182330 by pdgjohn
It is done... took a lot longer than I wanted but everything appears to be working. I am at a loss at what occurred.

You could help with one last thing as my mind has melted for a bit | need to customize the messages display wise (Please login or register to view your profile and please login or register to view user profiles.) I have been scanning the files with an editor but cannot seem to locate those strings.

12 years 5 months ago #182333 by nant
Language strings in the english language file for cb.

12 years 5 months ago #182348 by pdgjohn
Basically I have the link set public but registered users only for CB access.

When clicked I get a message "Pleasa login to register or view profiles". In other Joomla installs I have been able to override and style that message on the page. Using CB I cannot seem to locate the where the language is for that specific message (I cannot find it in the CB language files) and how it is presented so I can override the display.

12 years 5 months ago #182353 by pdgjohn
Finally found it. It was in the language file but my php editor was missing it during searches for some reason (probably user error). Thanks for the help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn