[SOLVED] Issue with Registration with some members

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182350 by ala7lam
Hi,

I have set the user registration not to require activation but I keep getting e-mails from users that are not able to sign in as a message is shown saying that Registration wasn't complete and that instructions were sent to their e-mails.

The thing is, I check their account from Joomla's user manager and it shows as active and enabled. However, when I check their account through CB users area, it shows a cross in the Confirmed column and I have no way of clicking or altering that.

I had this with a few users and I couldn't do anything and I had to delete their accounts and create it for them.

In CB Configuration I also have it set so that it doesn't require e-mail activation.

What's causing this?

Thanks

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182351 by ala7lam
Replied by ala7lam on topic Re: Issue with Registration with some members
I've had CB Config to use the global Joomla Registration settings, but I have changed it to work independently and disabled Joomla registration as it appears that admin activation is still working or something.

I hope this doesn't continue but if it does, I will report back.

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

12 years 5 months ago #182352 by ala7lam
Found about 60 users on the website who had the same issue and I hope they aren't pissed :).

If someone is having a similar issue, it can be solved through MySQL Access as I just found. You just have to check the table with the comprofiler where users are stored and ensure that that are no '0' under the confirmed columns.

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

12 years 5 months ago #182369 by nant

ala7lam wrote: I've had CB Config to use the global Joomla Registration settings, but I have changed it to work independently and disabled Joomla registration as it appears that admin activation is still working or something.

I hope this doesn't continue but if it does, I will report back.

Yes, this is a setting that is recommended in the documentation also.

If you leave the door open then people will find the Joomla registration form and bypass the CB process.

12 years 5 months ago #182374 by ala7lam
You are right but I guess I didn't about it causing such activation issues when I read the docs :).

Thanks!

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn