Documentation for incubator plugins

12 years 5 months ago #182373 by basidee
Documentation for incubator plugins was created by basidee
Where can I find documentation for incubator plugins?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182378 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Documentation for incubator plugins

basidee wrote: Where can I find documentation for incubator plugins?

There is no separate documentation for Incubator add-ons.

Most of them are self documented in parameter area.

What do you need help with?

12 years 5 months ago #182607 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Documentation for incubator plugins
I have installed and published CB Progress Field 1.0.4 but I don't see any sign in the frontend that it is installed. There is no tab showing that feature. What could I be doing wrong?

12 years 5 months ago #182617 by nant

basidee wrote: I have installed and published CB Progress Field 1.0.4 but I don't see any sign in the frontend that it is installed. There is no tab showing that feature. What could I be doing wrong?

After installing and publishing this plugin you should be able to create a new CB field (from CB Field Manager area) of type - progress field.

DO this and see extra field parameters available - should be self- explanatory after this.

When you see a plugin that has the word field in it (example file field plugin, ajax text field plugin), it usually means that you get a new field type that you can use when creating new CB fields.
The following user(s) said Thank You: basidee

12 years 5 months ago #182651 by basidee
Replied by basidee on topic Re: Documentation for incubator plugins
I have a few questions. Hope you don't mind if I download them all at once:

1. Now that I am a professional member, how do I remove the CB button from the frontend?
2. I want to introduce fields with dependencies: user chooses a country, which determines the choice of states he sees, which determines the choice of cities he sees. How do I achieve that?
3. Is it possible to achieve a multi-stage registration process in CB? That is, I want to capture as much information as possible at registration, but I don't want to loose some users. So, I want to present a set of fields first with a continue button (which also performs a submit function). That way, if a user gets tired halfway, he can come back later.

I also have CBSubs, which I am still studying ahead of implementation, so please bear this in mind when answering my questions.

12 years 5 months ago #182660 by nant

basidee wrote: I have a few questions. Hope you don't mind if I download them all at once:

Will address below ...

1. Now that I am a professional member, how do I remove the CB button from the frontend?

Thank you for supporting us as a Professional member.

Download the CB Documentation from the Advanced download area and go to page 89 - instructions are given. Please note that as a Professional member you are authorized to do this for all your CB websites.

2. I want to introduce fields with dependencies: user chooses a country, which determines the choice of states he sees, which determines the choice of cities he sees. How do I achieve that?

See the CB Conditional plugin in the Incubator area (as a Professional member you also have access to all Incubator projects).

Incubator area is here:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/incubator

Nice CB Conditionals overview and video here:
www.joomlapolis.com/cb-conditional-short-review

3. Is it possible to achieve a multi-stage registration process in CB? That is, I want to capture as much information as possible at registration, but I don't want to loose some users. So, I want to present a set of fields first with a continue button (which also performs a submit function). That way, if a user gets tired halfway, he can come back later.

CB Conditionals has a step registration process, but no half way save to come back.

I also have CBSubs, which I am still studying ahead of implementation, so please bear this in mind when answering my questions.

Yes, its best to study the very detailed CBSubs guide before diving in.

Please start different thread for different issues.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn