Multiple user profile - how to register a couple?

12 years 5 months ago #182545 by Enigmabcn
I'm working on a social network website where the registered users may be individuals or couples. The couples may be man & woman, man & man or woman & woman.

I need to put on each profile the physical characteristics of each user, using CB Conditional I can filter the type of fields to be shown on each case, the problem is that doing like this I must use for each characteristic 4 fields:

man & woman couple: his birthdate field1 + her birthdate field1
man & man couple: his birthdate field1 + his birthdate field2
woman & woman couple: her birthdate field1 + her birthdate field2

Beside the hard work doing this, I don't know wright now if I will be able to create a search criteria tool, let say that I would like to search for all users who are older than 35, using one criteria is it possible to make the search on 4 fields?

I think that since CB obviously is directed for this kind of sites (social networks) should have a solution. Something I couldn't find a solution was trying to put two photos/icons on one profile.

Is there any plug-in that may help doing this?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182719 by beat
- 2 photos: you can create any number of "image" field types.

- Search are parametered for each user list at bottom, and allow complex search criteria.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 5 months ago #182723 by Enigmabcn
I already tried to put a second image field, but the user may only edit the main one.
Thanks!

12 years 5 months ago #182726 by beat
Image fields AND avatar can be uploaded/changed by the member in the "Edit Profile" menu, like any other CB field.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182727 by Enigmabcn
Wright, but even using 2 image fields, the user only can change the first one since when click on the option you mentioned it links only to one image edit.

12 years 5 months ago #182758 by nant

Enigmabcn wrote: Wright, but even using 2 image fields, the user only can change the first one since when click on the option you mentioned it links only to one image edit.

If you use the Update your Image menu, then only the main image is changed.

If you choose the Update profile, then you can update both images.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.639 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn