CB subs Virtuemart store

12 years 5 months ago #182549 by strom1975
CB subs Virtuemart store was created by strom1975
Hi Guys,

I am hoping to get some advice about the best path to go down redeveloping our new site.

There seems to be a number of issues using cb subs and virtuemart, even with the older stable versions.

If someone can recommend the release versions we should use, any add ons or plug ins that can help smooth out the bugs from integration, or a better option, that would be great.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182562 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB subs Virtuemart store

strom1975 wrote: Hi Guys,

I am hoping to get some advice about the best path to go down redeveloping our new site.

There seems to be a number of issues using cb subs and virtuemart, even with the older stable versions.

Please elaborate.

If someone can recommend the release versions we should use, any add ons or plug ins that can help smooth out the bugs from integration, or a better option, that would be great.

I know that Virtuemart is under going a major rewrite. Has it stabilized yet?

12 years 5 months ago #182641 by strom1975
Replied by strom1975 on topic Re: CB subs Virtuemart store
I apologise for the very broad post.

I think we have decided to go ahead with the stable versions, and migrate when VM2.0 is released.

Unless we can find another / better alternative than using Virtuemart to extend cb subs in this way.

WE had identified some potential bugs / or issues with the integration but will work through these and be more specific when we come across them.

Can anybody point me to some websites that are using this combination of components for us to have a look at, in regards to the design of the Virtuemart element.

WE are building this as a multi vendor market, so that specific user groups in cb subs will be vendors in VM, and wish to complete this as an e commerce solution by providing vendors with a virtual account, with payments taken through a single gateway and then distributed to the vendors.

At this stage we do not need vendors to manage their own stores, but will look to do this once we migrate to VM 2.0 and extend our resource

We do not wish to use Paypal for this, and we are currently using Eway for our payment gateway which Virtuemart supports.

12 years 5 months ago #182654 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB subs Virtuemart store

strom1975 wrote: I apologise for the very broad post.

I think we have decided to go ahead with the stable versions, and migrate when VM2.0 is released.

Agreeing that is probably best to wait for stable releases.

Unless we can find another / better alternative than using Virtuemart to extend cb subs in this way.

Not sure about your use case, so I cannot really comment yet.

WE had identified some potential bugs / or issues with the integration but will work through these and be more specific when we come across them.

With what integration?
What issues?

Can anybody point me to some websites that are using this combination of components for us to have a look at, in regards to the design of the Virtuemart element.

I think that the Virtuemart site had some showcase websites - not sure if they are still their or valid.

WE are building this as a multi vendor market, so that specific user groups in cb subs will be vendors in VM, and wish to complete this as an e commerce solution by providing vendors with a virtual account, with payments taken through a single gateway and then distributed to the vendors.

With this statement I am able to understand somewhat better the use case you have in mind.
Multi-vendor is tricky and I have yet to see something that handles the complete (inn my mind use case). I am not aware of such a distribution functionality.

At this stage we do not need vendors to manage their own stores, but will look to do this once we migrate to VM 2.0 and extend our resource

Once again, even though I don't want to suggest that you move away from Joomla, maybe you should look at other solutions that exist and support shops-in-shop type use cases.

We do not wish to use Paypal for this, and we are currently using Eway for our payment gateway which Virtuemart supports.

CBSubs does not currently support Eway.

12 years 5 months ago #182677 by strom1975
Replied by strom1975 on topic Re: CB subs Virtuemart store
We had started to look into IXXO as this seems to offer all the features and functionality that we wanted to create using the aforementioned components, but there is a lot of bad feedback out there, we may still trial and have a good look at it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn