Using Community Builder and CB Subs with JFBConnec

12 years 5 months ago #182642 by hfoxonline
Hello,
I have been having trouble using CB, CBSubs and the JFBC Login with Facebook option to work to create a new user on my website just by loggin in with a Facebook account. I am running J 1.5.25, CB 1.7.1, and CB Subs 1.2.2, php version 5.2.17. Here is a short synopsis of what I have been encountering:

Here is what happens when I try to login for the first time/create a new user on the site using just the JFBC Facebook login: 1) I am directed to login to my Facebook account. After I log in to Facebook, 2)A registration form appears that still asks for my email address even when I have told JFBC to bypass that and just import the email from facebook. If I don't bypass that, my facebook email is automatically entered into the email address spot, but further down the registration page, it asks me for my email again (this email blank looks like the CB email request blank) and I don't have to enter the same one as at the top of the page. The registration form also asks me twice for a username. After I have filled out all the information and the emails and usernames match 3)I am directed to a completely blank page that has the correct URL at the top but has nothing on it. I am directed to this page whether or not I have JFBC set to redirect on first login or not. I have to close all browser windows, log out of facebook, and clear my cache to be able to get to the page again even if I just manually type in the URL.

When I check the email associated with facebook/the website, the website/CB did, in fact, send a confirmation email. When I click on the confirmation link, I am directed to the confirmation page URL, but it is completely white. When I check the back end of the website, a new user is created but that user shows pending approval and unconfirmed account even when I have JFB connect set to create a full joomla user and bypass the email confirmation. It doesn't appear as if any information is transferred from facebook into the user profile and even the extra bit of required information that the user had to enter when creating the account does not appear. So, I guess that a user is not actually created even though they appear in the user manager? It doesn't appear as if JFB login is communicating fully with CB or with facebook. Although, the "...I just joined www.mysite.com" message does appear on the users FB wall. I don't know what's happening and I'm very confused at this point. I don't know how people have been managing to make this work but I have several who have set up their accounts this way. I did turn on the show errors on the frontend button on JFBC and I got no errors.

On the plus side, if I create a user just from the front end using CB, that all proceeds normally and I can connect that account to my FB account without any issues.

I hope this isn't all too confusing. I have also posted on the JFBConnect forum, too, so hopefully someone can direct me. Any input you have would be great.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182655 by nant
To be honest we do not support third party login modules and JFBC appears to be one.

In fact CB instructions call for unpublishing the Joomla login module and using the CB login module.

We cannot really assist you here since the CB Login module is needed for both CB and CBSubs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn