Registration stopped working

12 years 5 months ago #182800 by mb21
Registration stopped working was created by mb21
All of a sudden it has come to my attention that the registration on 1.5.23 Joomla site is no longer working properly. It will actually allow you to go through the process, but no confirmation email is sent and the user is not added to the database.

The website in question is here: http:/www.obstructedview.net

I would greatly appreciate some help very quickly. Thanks you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182809 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Registration stopped working

mb21 wrote: All of a sudden it has come to my attention that the registration on 1.5.23 Joomla site is no longer working properly. It will actually allow you to go through the process, but no confirmation email is sent and the user is not added to the database.

The website in question is here: http:/www.obstructedview.net

I would greatly appreciate some help very quickly. Thanks you.

All of a sudden?

Well, things don't just happen - something changed.

Suggest you make sure that all CB plugins are published for everybody and that you have the mandatory CB menu item (see documentation) public as well.

12 years 5 months ago #182813 by mb21
Replied by mb21 on topic Re: Registration stopped working
Well, of course something happened or changed. It happened "all of a sudden" as in I didn't do anything and it no longer works as it should. All plugins that I've used for the last several months are still published for everybody. The mandatory CB menu item is also published. I do not know when it stopped working, but it happened sometime in the last 10 days. Nothing has changed.

12 years 5 months ago #182815 by nant
Trying to register after I press the submit button I am seeing a

To access the private area of this site, please log in.

message.

Which tells me that something is pushing me to an unauthorized area of your website (that's why I asked you to make sure that all you CB plugins are published to everyone - just to be sure).

Next thing you can check is turning off you sef settings - at least then we can see which page you are really being sent to.

12 years 5 months ago #182818 by mb21
Replied by mb21 on topic Re: Registration stopped working
OK, I turned off sh404sef and the registration now works. So what can I do to ensure that I can use sh404sef? I didn't have a problem with it before.

12 years 5 months ago #182821 by nant

mb21 wrote: OK, I turned off sh404sef and the registration now works. So what can I do to ensure that I can use sh404sef? I didn't have a problem with it before.

No idea - i have no experience with this.

Perhaps clearing out cache?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn