E-mail at registration problem

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183242 by otto@reveal.co.za
Replied by otto@reveal.co.za on topic Re: E-mail at registration problem
Nick,

I now understand what you mean. In my specific case it should not be problem. Let me maybe explain a little more:
1. We have different levels of users/members and some of the members do not even have or will ever use a computor. They live in rural areas and do not have any IT skills. Most of them do however have cell phones and this is the information that would be used in theyre specific case for communication.
2. These low level members are grouped within specific geographic and other types of groups like business activities etc. with a Co-ordinator or leader of some sort which in turn is more IT literate and do have skills and technology available to connect to internet and will have e-mails. These e-mails will not be duplicated.
3. When communicating to the the low level through the "leader" he/she will receive the e-mails of the members allocated to him and he would then in turn communicate verbally or in writing/printing the communication or even through a SMS.
4. This would then mean that the "leader" would use his e-mail info in all the members that he registers in his allocated group.
5. When the low level member "becomes able" to use the technology the administration team would create a new e-mail for him/her and the specific profile will be updated accordingly.
6. We have other levels of members that are well educated in the use of IT and they will register online by themselves and there should not be a mojor problem in this area even thought there might be cases where we would need to sort out duplicate registration problems.

Hope this makes my problem a bit more understandable.

Thank you again for the reply.

Regards and enjoy!

Otto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183244 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: E-mail at registration problem
My thoughts regarding your items ...

otto@reveal.co.za wrote: Nick,

I now understand what you mean. In my specific case it should not be problem. Let me maybe explain a little more:
1. We have different levels of users/members and some of the members do not even have or will ever use a computor. They live in rural areas and do not have any IT skills. Most of them do however have cell phones and this is the information that would be used in theyre specific case for communication.

First thing that pops up here is an email to sms service. There are various services that allow you to create an email address that coverts all incoming messages to sms messages.

2. These low level members are grouped within specific geographic and other types of groups like business activities etc. with a Co-ordinator or leader of some sort which in turn is more IT literate and do have skills and technology available to connect to internet and will have e-mails. These e-mails will not be duplicated.

Understood.

3. When communicating to the the low level through the "leader" he/she will receive the e-mails of the members allocated to him and he would then in turn communicate verbally or in writing/printing the communication or even through a SMS.

How will this leader be able to distinguish that a received email message is for a specific sms user? This might be an issue here.

4. This would then mean that the "leader" would use his e-mail info in all the members that he registers in his allocated group.

understood this already

5. When the low level member "becomes able" to use the technology the administration team would create a new e-mail for him/her and the specific profile will be updated accordingly.

ok

6. We have other levels of members that are well educated in the use of IT and they will register online by themselves and there should not be a mojor problem in this area even thought there might be cases where we would need to sort out duplicate registration problems.

Hope this makes my problem a bit more understandable.

Thank you again for the reply.

Regards and enjoy!

Otto

hope the hack then helps you
The following user(s) said Thank You: otto@reveal.co.za

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn