URL to edit a single tab of profile

12 years 4 months ago #186379 by apessoa
URL to edit a single tab of profile was created by apessoa
Hello

I'm building a site that has very big user profiles (user segmentation).
For example, there is one tab with information about his house, another about his job, another about his car, another about his credit card, another.... Each tab has a number of fields wiht information about it's topic.

Because the profile can become overwellming, I decided to chop in parts and allow user to take their time and fill the tabs/fields when they feel like to. There is only a basic information necessary at the beginning and Krileon has already helped me out in having the user register and silently log in after filling this basic form.

I want the users to be able to go into their profile page, see that there is still missing information and, when they decide, go into each profile tab and fill in the missing data.

Right now I can redirect them to the profile edit page (thanks again Krileon) but they see all the tabs.

My question is if there are specific URL's per tab edit so I can create buttons/links in the profile, each directing to a specific tab edit form while at the same time not displaying the other profile tabs.
Or some other way of doing this.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Alex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186381 by nant

12 years 4 months ago #186426 by apessoa
Replied by apessoa on topic Re: URL to edit a single tab of profile
Hi Nick

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you point me to someone who can can give me a definite yes/no for this question or maybe some way of coding it?

I've been looking into the code with firebug and apparently the tabs are triggered by the component, rendering a function/form wihtin each.
I'm not a coder, so forgive me if I say something totally wrong, but I imagine that, to some extent, maybe one can trigger directly one of such forms/functions using CB Auto Actions or using some kind of conditional "hide tab" like the option that exists in the tabs themselves, hiding all but the one being edited.

The URL solution is just something I, with my limited expertise, thought would be done the simplest implementation. If there is some other way, I'll be glad to hear from it.

Not being able to do this can be a showstopper for CB in this project. Any help or hint on this is highly appreciated.

thanks,
Alex

12 years 4 months ago #186439 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: URL to edit a single tab of profile
You can pre-select a tab for editing with &tab=x when x is tab id or tab title.

However all tabs will be still available.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: jem32

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn