CBSubs 1.2.2 - translation does not work

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188199 by erichburkhard
CBSubs 1.2.2 - translation does not work was created by erichburkhard
Hi all,
I have installed: Joomla 1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / CBSubs 1.2.2 - my site is set up in english and German and the translation in CBSubs and the rest of the page works well ....but there is one exception. All the translations that should be managed by the files 'admin_german.php' or 'admin_english.php' do not work and don't appear on the GUI. I talk about the texts that are located here if you navigate via backend:

CBSubs -> Genereal Plugin Settings -> Display -> Basket .....and here the following fields:

Registration payment Intro Text:
Upgrade Account Intro Text:
Renew Account Intro Text:
Conclusion text:

in the attachments I send you all the necessary language packages of CB / CBSubs / and Joomla ...and a screenshot where the text should appear...(marked in yellow)

has anyone an idea?

cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #188202 by nant
quick (hopefully fix for you). Please edit the joomla de-DE.xml file and change the last <name> tag to only show German in it (yours has German (DE-CH-AT)) and retest.

12 years 4 months ago #188377 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Re: CBSubs 1.2.2 - translation does not work
Hi Nick, unfortunately there was no positive impact :( same as before....but what was the idea 'behind' to adapt the .xml on joomla level ? The translation doesn't work on CBSubs level....and its not only a problem of German...if I put a language string into the admin_english.php file I have the same problem ??? Am I the only one who has this problem?

12 years 4 months ago #188386 by nant

erichburkhard wrote: Hi Nick, unfortunately there was no positive impact :( same as before....but what was the idea 'behind' to adapt the .xml on joomla level ? The translation doesn't work on CBSubs level....and its not only a problem of German...if I put a language string into the admin_english.php file I have the same problem ??? Am I the only one who has this problem?

Please do the same editing on both german joomla xml files - the one in root->langauges and the other in root->administrator->languages

The logic is that CBSubs is using the name tag from joomla language xml to calculate the path it should look for for german cbsubs files.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188501 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Re: CBSubs 1.2.2 - translation does not work
Hi Nick, attached to this message I send you the adapted 2 xml files (renamed for upload). Also now there was no positive effect :S ...same as before

Till now I adapted the xml files in these 2 folders as you said

root/administrator/language
root/language/

shall I try to reinstall the CBSubs plugin?

Cheers
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #188507 by nant
please PM me backend superadmin access and ftp access and i will take a look

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn