[SOLVED] Mass User E-mails

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189334 by scottie33t
[SOLVED] Mass User E-mails was created by scottie33t
Hi, I live in the USA. I want to send my forum community site members a monthly update of feature changes and upcoming feature enhancements. My first question is, is this legal? Do they need to opt in first? I'm a little new to having a forum, but I would like to send a monthly service update and updates with what's going on with the site?

Is a opt in and/or opt out required? Is there a service or Joomla extension you recommend to handle these type of user mass e-mails or should sending with the Community Builder mass e-mail option using my personal e-mail and hosting be okay for sending these mass user emails? I only have about 100 members so it's not a whole lot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189348 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Mass User E-mails
We cannot give "legal" advise ...

It is always a good idea to have some kind of opt out/in process.

Most newsletter extensions - we recommend AcyMailing (and as a paid member you can get a nice discount - see www.joomlapolis.com/promotions )

If you only have a small number of users you can also use the CB Mass email function in CB User Manager. You can filter users based on a CB field (which you can use to let people opt in/out).

12 years 3 months ago #189355 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: Mass User E-mails
Thanks Nant for the tips. I hate asking a basic question, but I can't find where to add the radio or check box at user registration page, with a confirming they agree to the site's terms and conditions. Where is this at exactly?

12 years 3 months ago #189356 by scottie33t
Replied by scottie33t on topic Re: Mass User E-mails
Never mind I found it! Sorry for wasting your time.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn