[SOLVED] how to allow user to choose it's password ?

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #191242 by lebellegardien
hello,

I would like to know how a user could change it's password and choose the one he wants because the reminder creates a new one.

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #191251 by nant

lebellegardien wrote: hello,

I would like to know how a user could change it's password and choose the one he wants because the reminder creates a new one.

thanks

A user can update his password at any time by editing his profile (Update profile menu).

12 years 2 months ago #191263 by lebellegardien
Replied by lebellegardien on topic Re: how to allow user to choose it's password ?
yes but it's when he forgot it's password.
I'm thinking about google for example that send a link by email and it asks with a simple form new password.

12 years 2 months ago #191266 by nant

lebellegardien wrote: yes but it's when he forgot it's password.
I'm thinking about google for example that send a link by email and it asks with a simple form new password.

A forgotten password is reset and a new one is automatically generated - that's how Joomla and CB work.

The user has to use this new randomly generated password to login and can change it back to something he remembers after he logs in.

There is not other setting available.

12 years 2 months ago #191273 by lebellegardien
Replied by lebellegardien on topic Re: how to allow user to choose it's password ?
ok that's what i was doing but some users don't know thay can do that from their profile so I was thinking about that.

Thanks you

12 years 2 months ago #191299 by nant

lebellegardien wrote: ok that's what i was doing but some users don't know thay can do that from their profile so I was thinking about that.

Thanks you

suggest you create a website article then explaining to them how to do this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn