Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Avatar Not Resizing through Backend. Why?

12 years 1 week ago #200101 by marriage_minded_man
Avatar Not Resizing through Backend. Why? was created by marriage_minded_man
Hi. Newbie question. I must be doing something wrong.

I have a batch avatars I want to upload. I go to back end > media manager > comprofiler > gallery , and i upload an image that is 600px by 800 px. its supposed to resize it right? it shows the thumbnail on the backend fine but when i log in as a user to view the default avatars, its at its original size. when i select it as my avatar is shows everywhere on the site that its supposed to be but at its original 600x800. What am i doing wrong? isnt the image supposed to resize once i upload from the backend into that folder?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 week ago #200120 by nant

marriage_minded_man wrote: Hi. Newbie question. I must be doing something wrong.

I have a batch avatars I want to upload. I go to back end > media manager > comprofiler > gallery , and i upload an image that is 600px by 800 px. its supposed to resize it right? it shows the thumbnail on the backend fine but when i log in as a user to view the default avatars, its at its original size. when i select it as my avatar is shows everywhere on the site that its supposed to be but at its original 600x800. What am i doing wrong? isnt the image supposed to resize once i upload from the backend into that folder?

Gallery selectable images are not resized and only come in 1 size (there is no thumbnail created). You need to resize externally and upload some intermediate size that looks ok in both full and thumbnail usage.

12 years 1 week ago #200123 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Avatar Not Resizing through Backend. Why?
What if I want a thumbnail and full size? I saw somewhere something about thumbnails being renamed differently? Is it possible to upload 2 versions of them and have a thumbnail and full version?

If not, whats the ideal intermediate size?

• nant
  • nant
12 years 1 week ago #200157 by nant

marriage_minded_man wrote: What if I want a thumbnail and full size? I saw somewhere something about thumbnails being renamed differently? Is it possible to upload 2 versions of them and have a thumbnail and full version?

If not, whats the ideal intermediate size?

Individual uploaded images are automatically resized and thumbnails are created.

Gallery items are single size. Guess you should just create new gallery images of a single size and see how things look in user profile and in user lists.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon