Fields

11 years 10 months ago #205432 by xtech86
Fields was created by xtech86
Hello,

Is it possible yet to set a custom field to only show to certain usergroups? i.e. only show if: Manager. etc as we don't want certain users to see certain fields?

Regards
Tony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #205440 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Fields

xtech86 wrote: Hello,

Is it possible yet to set a custom field to only show to certain usergroups? i.e. only show if: Manager. etc as we don't want certain users to see certain fields?

Regards
Tony

Just place it in a tab that is only published to the acl group you want.

11 years 10 months ago #205445 by xtech86
Replied by xtech86 on topic Re: Fields
Hello Nant,

This is not a very good solution, this implies we need to create a new ACL for every usergroup.. arghh.

Also, means we need a new tab, again not some thing we want, ideally just a few extra tabs if we upgrade the users group.

I think I remember this is possible with CSUBS, but this site is currently not using that, but think this is some thing that should be in CB for J2.5 as standard really.

11 years 10 months ago #205447 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Fields

xtech86 wrote: Hello Nant,

This is not a very good solution, this implies we need to create a new ACL for every usergroup.. arghh.

Also, means we need a new tab, again not some thing we want, ideally just a few extra tabs if we upgrade the users group.

I think I remember this is possible with CSUBS, but this site is currently not using that, but think this is some thing that should be in CB for J2.5 as standard really.

Well, that is how Joomla 2.5 handles frontend viewing - with ACL groups.

With CBSubs you can do this based on subscription using the fields tabds protect plugin.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds