[SOLVED] Frontpage CB Blogs w/o Info Box

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #211203 by indigene
I have the latest CB Blogs configured so that any user with Author permissions can post a blog as an article. Is there a way to automatically set these blogs as featured articles for posting on the front page? Currently, I'm having to manually upgrade each blog post to 'featured' status.

Also, is there a way to list the author's name and publication date on the blog post without the dreaded Joomla articles 'Details' box? Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211215 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Frontpage CB Blogs w/o Info Box

indigene wrote: I have the latest CB Blogs configured so that any user with Author permissions can post a blog as an article. Is there a way to automatically set these blogs as featured articles for posting on the front page? Currently, I'm having to manually upgrade each blog post to 'featured' status.

Nope, needs manual intervention.
You can of course create a new Joomla menu that includes all articles in a given category.

Also, is there a way to list the author's name and publication date on the blog post without the dreaded Joomla articles 'Details' box? Thanks in advance.

Believe it's a Joomla setting in the menu pointing to the category articles.

11 years 7 months ago #211289 by indigene
Replied by indigene on topic Re: Frontpage CB Blogs w/o Info Box

You can of course create a new Joomla menu that includes all articles in a given category.

Feeling like a Joomla noob here, but I've created a new menu with one item of type 'Featured Articles', with all my blog categories selected under 'Layout Options'. Not sure that's what you meant? How does this help me avoid manual intervention in getting my blog posts on the front page? Do I need to add a menu item for each blog post? Thanks.

11 years 7 months ago #211302 by nant

indigene wrote:

Feeling like a Joomla noob here, but I've created a new menu with one item of type 'Featured Articles', with all my blog categories selected under 'Layout Options'. Not sure that's what you meant? How does this help me avoid manual intervention in getting my blog posts on the front page? Do I need to add a menu item for each blog post? Thanks.

Yup it's a Joomla issue.

On Joomla 2.5 be default the Home page shows all featured articles.

You can edit your Home menu and change its type from featured articles to (for example) category blog and select the category you want to show.

This way your home page will show all published articles in this category instead of the featured ones that were shown with default Joomla setting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: indigene

11 years 7 months ago #211374 by indigene
Replied by indigene on topic Re: Frontpage CB Blogs w/o Info Box
Awesome support, thanks!

11 years 7 months ago #211387 by nant

indigene wrote: Awesome support, thanks!

You are welcome.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn