CB User List

11 years 7 months ago #211324 by okkhalid
CB User List was created by okkhalid
Hello all,
I have the CB Professional Package installed. And I’m planning to create staff intranet for our organization to be used by our staff.
The website will be used only by our registered staff and I will disable the registration.
We have 10 divisions; each division has only one manager.
Each division has many sub divisions “programs and departments”, and each program has at least more than 2 staff.
I would like to organize the staff list, so our staff will be able to access the user list by:
Full List
By Division
By Program/department
By Staff Position “for example: program coordinator, reception ... etc.”
By office Location
Search

I would like to have the content of each user:
Staff Name
Division & Program
Office Location
Staff Position
Contact Info,
Staff Picture
Email Address
Phones
Fax
etc...

Is that possible to have the Vcard for outlook, so if I want to download the information to my outlook i just click on Vcard

There is an extension out there does the job but the only problem it’s not integrated with CB, the extension called workforce:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/directory-a-documentation/address-book/10585
Please help me to organize my user list; I’m not sure if I have to do it thought Custom Fields or GroupLive

Thank you all

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211371 by okkhalid
Replied by okkhalid on topic Re: CB User List
I created 2 extra fields for divisions and department.
looks good. the only thing is missing is the vCard, any idea how to create that or if there is any plugin or direction to automate the vCard and display it on the Profile Page.

Thanks,

11 years 7 months ago #211391 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB User List

okkhalid wrote: Hello all,
I have the CB Professional Package installed. And I’m planning to create staff intranet for our organization to be used by our staff.
The website will be used only by our registered staff and I will disable the registration.
We have 10 divisions; each division has only one manager.
Each division has many sub divisions “programs and departments”, and each program has at least more than 2 staff.
I would like to organize the staff list, so our staff will be able to access the user list by:
Full List
By Division
By Program/department
By Staff Position “for example: program coordinator, reception ... etc.”
By office Location
Search

I would like to have the content of each user:
Staff Name
Division & Program
Office Location
Staff Position
Contact Info,
Staff Picture
Email Address
Phones
Fax
etc...

Is that possible to have the Vcard for outlook, so if I want to download the information to my outlook i just click on Vcard

There is an extension out there does the job but the only problem it’s not integrated with CB, the extension called workforce:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/directory-a-documentation/address-book/10585
Please help me to organize my user list; I’m not sure if I have to do it thought Custom Fields or GroupLive

Thank you all

First of all CB is not really suited for such a organization charting use case, but I will give possibilities below...

I am assuming that there is a Joomla/CB user that corresponds one-to-one with each staff member.

Staff name then is the CB formatted name field (or the username, or first/last names, etc - as you like).

You can then create CB fields to handle:
Division
Department
Position
These fields can be of any type you see fit (example you might want to create a drop-down field with all division names, position might be a text field, location also could be either - all depends on your data).

Once above is in place, then you can create various user lists filtering off the data you need:

Example:

user list to show all staff (no filtering needed and you can include any fields you see fit in the user list - see CB documentation on user lists)

user lists for each Division (you can create one list for each division - just a different filter)

User list for each Department

You can also create some dynamic lists which will probably be more useful.
Example: you can create a userlist that shows all staff members in the same department as viewer, in the same division as viewer, etc.

There is also a section in the manual describing dynamic lists.

Regarding vcard issue, I am not aware of such an extension for CB, but there might be something on the JED.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds