Error

Please login first

CB_Login Problems

11 years 7 months ago #211470 by crissake
CB_Login Problems was created by crissake
Good Evening All,

I am have loads of problems configuring the Registration system, People can register using the CB system and their details appear in the CB list but the also appear in the Joomla (ver 2.5.7) registration list. I understand I need to disable the JOOMLA registration system which should prevent this from happening but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it, HELP.

Also when somebody does register the system is not sending our the email to them , or me for that matter, informing them that their registration is pending HELP.

Regards in anticipation

Pat Thompson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211518 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB_Login Problems

crissake wrote: Good Evening All,

Hi

I am have loads of problems configuring the Registration system, People can register using the CB system and their details appear in the CB list but the also appear in the Joomla (ver 2.5.7) registration list. I understand I need to disable the JOOMLA registration system which should prevent this from happening but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it, HELP.

You are misunderstanding things. Every user that joins your site via CB is automatically and properly configured also as a Joomla user. This way your users can also use other Joomla extensions and if you decide (hope not) to remove CB in the future, your users will still be valid in Joomla (you will just lose any extra cb field data you have been gathering for these users).

You should disable the Joomla registration process as instructed in the CB installation guide and the CB detailed documentation (you can download this from the Advanced download area if you have not already done so).

So, you can see your users in backend - both from the Joomla user manage and from the CB user manage.

You should avoid the Joomla user manager and make it a habit to use the CB User manager and make any needed changes there (as they will propagate relevant data just fine to the Joomla user object).

Hope this clear now.

Also when somebody does register the system is not sending our the email to them , or me for that matter, informing them that their registration is pending HELP.

Regards in anticipation

Pat Thompson

Does your system send any emails at all?
Test with Joomla mass email - send a message to your superadmins - see if this gets through.
If not, then you need to check joomla email settings and fix this. Then test again CB process.

If Joomla email works, then make sure that the email messages are properly configured in the CB COnfiguration Registration tab.

Also please study the CB Detailed documentation on workflows and what to expect.

11 years 7 months ago #211610 by crissake
Replied by crissake on topic Re: CB_Login Problems
Good Morning,

Thank you Nant, the problem appears to be solved. In the case of the mail problem the solution was buried on the Global/Server/Mail Settings Tab, anyway thanks to my inexperience and your most helpful intervention the problem appears to have gone away.

Aye

Pat aka crissake

11 years 7 months ago #211614 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB_Login Problems

crissake wrote: Good Morning,

Thank you Nant, the problem appears to be solved. In the case of the mail problem the solution was buried on the Global/Server/Mail Settings Tab,

Yup, that's where Joomla has this parameter.

anyway thanks to my inexperience and your most helpful intervention the problem appears to have gone away.

Aye

Pat aka crissake

Glad everything is back on track for you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds