[SOLVED] J2.5 migrate - all CB modules and plugins missing

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #213159 by edjec
[UPDATE]

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the real solution is to simply create another instance of the modules in Module Manager. Select the needed module from the list in Modules and there you go. J2.5 sometimes requires this extra step, whereas it was never needed in prior versions. No need to go through the mess below.

[/UPDATE]

I believe you are correct in that it has it's roots in the jUpgrade migration. jUpgrade was a struggle and it actually deleted all of the j25_ tables it had just created and migrated data into when it completed. This happened a number of times until I figured out what was causing that.

I had installed and deleted these modules dozens of times and they would never display in the Modules manager.

What I found here since my last post was that deleting the modules did not delete them from the database j25_extensions table and they never were present in the j25_modules table.

I manually created an instance of the cb_login module in the j25_modules table and manually copied the files into mod_cb_login folder. Then it did display in the Module manager and I could enable and publish it. However, when opening it to configure, it could not find the xml file (which was there).

So, I manually deleted everything I did again and installed it from the Extensions installer and FINALLY it was there and working!

Why I had to go through these gyrations and what actually caused it to function properly, I have no idea. It was definitely a Joomla/jUpgrade issue.

Again, I thank you for your time and suggestions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn