[SOLVED] J2.5 migrate - all CB modules and plugins missing

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212992 by edjec
I am migrating from J1.5 to J2.5 and after installing CB 1.8.1, CB Subs 2.0.2 and associated modules and plugins, the modules and plugins (cb_login, cb_online, cb_workflows, cb_subscriptions and adminnav) do not display in the Joomla Module or Plugin Managers. They do display in the Joomla Extensions/Manage list and all are enabled there.

Also, the adminnav and Paid Subscriptions menus will not display. I know to look in Administrator section for Admin Nav.

I've deleted and re-installed several times, checked that all are enabled, but nada.

Other major components installed are Kunena, VirtueMart, DTRegister, JoomGallery, ListBingo, jEvents and AcyMailing. All of these are installed on the J1.5 site without conflicting issues.

I created a fresh installation of J2.5 and only installed CB 1.8.1 and the adminnav menu and all work fine on the stripped down test site.

Is there something simple I am missing or could there be a conflict?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #213054 by krileon
You'll probably need to re-install the modules so the new XMLs can be used. You shouldn't lose placement or settings for the modules though as long as you don't uninstall them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 6 months ago #213059 by edjec
I've already re-installed over the original installations and even deleted and then re-installed about half a dozen times.

They always show in the Extensions Manager, but never in the Modules or Plugin Manager. I've never encountered anything like this before and I don't think it is a CB caused issue, but is something related to Joomla.

I hate to think I will have to recreate this site again!

Any ideas?

Thanks for your advice.

11 years 6 months ago #213071 by krileon
Ensure the filter dropdown is set to "Site" so you're seeing frontend modules instead of backend modules. If already displaying frontend modules I guess try uninstalling the modules entirely and re-installing them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edjec

11 years 6 months ago #213072 by edjec
I've searched both Site and Admin many times and could perform the installation in my sleep. I was hoping you might have heard of something like this before and could save me from a Joomla reinstall.

Thanks for you help.

11 years 6 months ago #213134 by krileon
Only reason for it to happen as I understand is if Joomla can't find the modules XML properly. Aside from that I've never seen this issue and is probably a symptom of migration. Uninstalling the module and re-installing it should fix it though as that'd delete its files and its database entry in the extensions table.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn