new user registration via CB as opposed to Joomla

11 years 6 months ago #214436 by sheshakwt
CB: 1.9
Joomla: 2.5.8

Hi, I've been going through the document back and forth and referencing online how to use the CB user registration form as opposed to the Joomla core registration form.

What I am trying to achieve is very simple, have the users register via the CB registration form as opposed to the Joomla one, also as well as avoiding the admin / moderator approval requirement so the user just registers on the website and I just get notified via email new user registration without my intervention at all.

What happening is the site keeps registering via Joomla and not CB and once user clicks on the email verification link they can login by user name and password they have chosen but they canot update the CB profile, obviously something is linked in between thats causing this issue so not sure where to disable this function.

I also read that some fields if set to required will cause an issue so disabled all required fields.

If there is a mroe easier online reference manual one can refer to more of a HOWTO for dummies would be better, since the manual is to complicated to comprehend at times.

Sorry if I sound to newbish but really have been struggling on this issue any help would be apprieciated.

website is www.rccck.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #214450 by nant

sheshakwt wrote: CB: 1.9
Joomla: 2.5.8

Hi, I've been going through the document back and forth and referencing online how to use the CB user registration form as opposed to the Joomla core registration form.

What I am trying to achieve is very simple, have the users register via the CB registration form as opposed to the Joomla one, also as well as avoiding the admin / moderator approval requirement so the user just registers on the website and I just get notified via email new user registration without my intervention at all.

Should be simple enough and it is described in the CB Detailed documentation (Advanced download area).

You need to unpublish the Joomla login module and publish the CB Login module.
You need to turn off Joomla registration (Joomla User area -> Options button).

Suggest you just download the CB Quickstart PRO package and install it on your J25x/30x site and most of the above configurations will be done for you.

What happening is the site keeps registering via Joomla and not CB and once user clicks on the email verification link they can login by user name and password they have chosen but they canot update the CB profile, obviously something is linked in between thats causing this issue so not sure where to disable this function.

See previous response.

I also read that some fields if set to required will cause an issue so disabled all required fields.

Do not disable any fields - put back as they were and get things working before you disable any fields - btw where did you read this?

If there is a mroe easier online reference manual one can refer to more of a HOWTO for dummies would be better, since the manual is to complicated to comprehend at times.

Sorry if I sound to newbish but really have been struggling on this issue any help would be apprieciated.

website is www.rccck.org

Please point our which part of manual is complicated and we will try and simplify.

At this point I suggest you put things back to the way they were (in terms of fields you ubpublished, etc) and install the CB Quickstart pro package.

Also you can look at our Support -> Tutorials section (picture-book area) for perhaps easier instructions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sheshakwt

11 years 6 months ago #214551 by sheshakwt
nant thankyou for the quick and precise help, the info in regards as to where I read about the fields being an issue was taken online.

The problem I was facing turned out that the chosen template of the site did not match the CB login, so it was hidden as opposed to being able to see it, switching it out with a different template and position resolved, the issue.

Re the manual, in all honesty the manual is very detailed, but it would be good to have a quick reference manual to get to the point.

I would not say a FAQ, I would say a more of the HOWTO approach, if you want to do this then do this and this as it's much more simplified as opposed to reading all the details what all the functions are for then concluding what does what to match ones individual needs.

I have been using the CB for quite sometime and really do have to spend time to read and go back and forth on trial and error even with the manual.

Say for my previous first post about the Filter in List management in the manual it only references whats the default set in the CB, it would be nice to mention some most common SQL filters commands like wildcards etc or some simplified and most commonly used examples as I had to go do some research on the Mysql commands to get the list management to work as per what I need exactly.

Please do not get me wrong I am very happy with CB and Joomla, just could have a very more easier newbie manual of the most common things that one needs to know in live examples.

Just my 2 cents. :-) and thanks for the great support

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn