CB 1.7 Tabs lost after changeing properties

12 years 8 months ago #173983 by TimoNRT
Hello, I wanted to restrict access to some tabs (using CB Profile Pro also)..

I changed the access form everybody/public to a new created user Group..

Result: The tab is no longer listed in The Tab Management, even not for Superuser (Member in every Group)

I also can not select this tab when i wan to create an new field...

However the Tab is displayed in Magic Window (CB Profile Pro)

Maybe somebody has an Idea how i can get back the Tabs in to Tab manager List?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175146 by joomlapolisRob
Replied by joomlapolisRob on topic Re: CB 1.7 Tabs lost after changeing properties
I have got the same problem - any ideas anybody?

12 years 7 months ago #175150 by nant

12 years 7 months ago #175155 by joomlapolisRob
Replied by joomlapolisRob on topic Re: CB 1.7 Tabs lost after changeing properties
Hi, I have had the same problem, but solved it by installing some cb-plugins new.
A reversion of the tab access didn't work, because they have been comletely lost.

In my case the article-tab and the uddeim-inbox-tab were affected.
When I installed the new version of uddeim 2.5 beta with related cb-plugins they suddenly reemerged together with the restricted access levels set before.

May be its a bug of uddeim 2.4 beta in combination with custom user-groups in J1.6?

Hope, any update like this will work for you, too.

12 years 7 months ago #175156 by joomlapolisRob
By the way: be careful with installation of cb, don't use joomla standard login component parallel, always set up the cb profile menu link to public and activate it...

12 years 7 months ago #175256 by kendall
Hey Nick - see you are online so I am posting direct to you.

I have the same problem with items being dropped when you change the [access] field. It just drops out of site. I PAID for the advanced membership because it said that there was COMPLETE documentation - it is NOT complete - there are so many features of the CB product that are not discussed, especially the additional plugins that come with the ADVANCED membership.

This problem has been around for two weeks and the only response that we get is "Revert tab access to previous group I guess."

Surely there is a better solution???

Kendall

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn