CB 1.7 Tabs lost after changeing properties

12 years 7 months ago #175264 by nant

kendall wrote: Hey Nick - see you are online so I am posting direct to you.

I have the same problem with items being dropped when you change the [access] field. It just drops out of site. I PAID for the advanced membership because it said that there was COMPLETE documentation - it is NOT complete - there are so many features of the CB product that are not discussed, especially the additional plugins that come with the ADVANCED membership.

This problem has been around for two weeks and the only response that we get is "Revert tab access to previous group I guess."

Surely there is a better solution???

Kendall

Is your issue related with the CB Pro extensions?

Can you replicate with a clean CB installation?
If so, please provide exact steps to replicate and I will take a closer look.

Sometimes the issue is due to improper use of the new Joomla ACL levels.

People create new groups outside the default Joomla ones.
My understanding is that if you want some of your registered users to have different privileges you should create a new group under the registered group and not outside the tree.

@kendal: if you have posted in the Advanced support area you will get a faster response as I (and other team members) give priority to that area (as you can see it took some time to address this thread).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #175321 by joomlapolisRob
Replied by joomlapolisRob on topic Re: CB 1.7 Tabs lost after changeing properties

Sometimes the issue is due to improper use of the new Joomla ACL levels.

People create new groups outside the default Joomla ones.
My understanding is that if you want some of your registered users to have different privileges you should create a new group under the registered group and not outside the tree.

This seems to be the solution, I had some issues with new user groups too, put it in the registered tree and then it worked!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn