Can't Save, Apply or Cancel

12 years 8 months ago #174062 by Indeep
Can't Save, Apply or Cancel was created by Indeep
Hi,

My problem is I cant Save, Cancel or Apply fields or tabs, nor in editing an existing one or in creating a new one. The 3 buttons in the top-right corner just doesnt work. When I click them I get just an #saveTab #applyTab or #showTab at the end of the URL, but no action at all. Not even an error, just the anchor name at the end of the URL. In the articles the buttons work, also in the CB configuration tab, the bug is just for tab or field editing.

This is a fresh 1.7 installation.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #174077 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Can't Save, Apply or Cancel

Indeep wrote:
This is a fresh 1.7 installation.

Thanks

CB version or Joomla version or both?

12 years 8 months ago #174111 by Indeep
Replied by Indeep on topic Re: Can't Save, Apply or Cancel
Is there a CB 1.7? Is a 1.7 Joomla and a 1.4 CB installation, but after an extensive search of different terms (in which "save button" was the winner, like on the 4th page of the search results) my persistence payed off:

There is a problem with the TinyMC text-editor plugin. If I disable this plugin I can use this buttons normally.

Since TinyMC is the default text-editor that comes with every Joomla new installation I highly suggest to adress this issue, cause I'm not the only one with this problem.

12 years 8 months ago #174142 by nant

Indeep wrote: Is there a CB 1.7? Is a 1.7 Joomla and a 1.4 CB installation, but after an extensive search of different terms (in which "save button" was the winner, like on the 4th page of the search results) my persistence payed off:

There is a problem with the TinyMC text-editor plugin. If I disable this plugin I can use this buttons normally.

Since TinyMC is the default text-editor that comes with every Joomla new installation I highly suggest to adress this issue, cause I'm not the only one with this problem.

I have no issues on my CB 1.7 / Joomla 1.7 installation.

12 years 8 months ago #174143 by Indeep
Replied by Indeep on topic Re: Can't Save, Apply or Cancel
Of course you don't...

I have CB 1.4, and other people have the same problem in the forum (and I see you have answered their questions with the same negligence), so adress it.

Regards

12 years 8 months ago #174149 by nant

Indeep wrote: Of course you don't...

I have CB 1.4, and other people have the same problem in the forum (and I see you have answered their questions with the same negligence), so adress it.

Regards

If you can replicate the issue on a clean Joomla 1.7 and CB 1.7 environment then I will try again to replicate here.

We cannot really address issues with CB 1.4 which by the way does not work on Joomla 1.7.

So let me address the issue again: CB 1.4 does not install on Joomla 1.7. If you upgraded to Joomla 1.7 from 1.6 using the Joomla 1 click upgrade then you forced yourself in a situation where your CMS does not play nice with your extensions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn