Getting Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 838860

12 years 5 months ago #182585 by spenchase
Today is November 13th, 2001. This seems to be a persistent problem with CB. I downloaded CB and Community Builder today. It installed successfully, however, I am having some problems with the "config" tab. I installed community builder today on a fresh Joomla 1.7 install. I also have installed Kunena Forum. When I attempt to configure Kunena on the _Config tab in Administrator/Joomla. I get the following error message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 188114 bytes) in /home/adtech/public_html/libraries/phputf8/mbstring/core.php on line 121

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/adtech/public_html/libraries/phputf8/mbstring/core.php:121) in /home/adtech/public_html/administrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/error.php on line 140
500 Internal Server Error

Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 188114 bytes) in libraries/phputf8/mbstring/core.php on line 121

The error was detected in the Libraries.

Go back

How can I fix this problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182592 by nant

spenchase wrote: Today is November 13th, 2001.

Guess I am 10 years in the future then ;-)

This seems to be a persistent problem with CB.

I don't understand this. If you feel that something is a persistent problem, then it means you have most likely searched and found other similar posts (and hopefully resolutions).

I downloaded CB and Community Builder today. It installed successfully, however, I am having some problems with the "config" tab. I installed community builder today on a fresh Joomla 1.7 install. I also have installed Kunena Forum. When I attempt to configure Kunena on the _Config tab in Administrator/Joomla. I get the following error message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 188114 bytes) in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>adtech/public_html/libraries/phputf8/mbstring/core.php on line 121

I am assuming that you have installed CB 1.7.1, Joomla 1.7.3 and Kunena 1.7.0 which are the latest available packages of Nov 13, 2011. Suggest in future posting you give exact version numbers (if you make people guess and work just to understand your environment, then you will lose half of them that will just not bother).

How can I fix this problem?

The error can be researched on these forums and on Google.

Just by reading the message, you should be able to figure out that your environment is not providing enough memory for your installation.

It looks like you are being allowed (from your PHP hosting environment) only 34M of memory.
Joomla and your extra installed extensions need more.

This is why we have a FAQ area here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faqs

and a Tutorials section here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials

and this is why we have requested that people ready the FAQs and Tutorials and search the forums also, before posting to forums.

This is specifically asked in the following places:

1. www.joomlapolis.com/support
2. Installation guide included in CB package
3. README files included in CB package

Please do not take my reply as a flame and personal attack - I am just trying to find a way to help people and not have to give personalized responses for similar issues again and again. If you have any suggestion on how to improve this, I am all ears.

I would guess that you can learn a lot about this specific issue buy googling or even better reading these articles from our tutorials section:

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/95-installation/18200-checking-your-php-memory
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/95-installation/18196-checking-your-php-settings

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn