J.17 Users not being authorised and database sync

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186958 by beat
If you think that free support replies within 1-2 hours daytime and within 10 hours night-time without having paid a single cent for support is aweful, then you should certainly experience support at other sites.

To me it looks at first glance that you did not activate in the JFBconnect the CB integration properly, as CB has an API for registration, and it looks like the CB-specific integrations have not been set by JFBconnect. As that's a commercial extension, you should ask for support there first.

Also you need the CB login module for CB, as detailed in the free installation manual PDF.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The topic has been locked.
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186962 by piprees
1. CB was the first integration that was performed on the site.
2. All other plugins where removed and the problem still occured.
3. Support was requested from JFBConnect and was trouble shooted at their end.

4. Timely reponse with open ended questions is not support - no offence. Solutions equal support. I use MANY other extenstions paid and unpaid - and ill agree some i dont get reply from - but at least when i do they have a solution - you guys just seem to blame other extentions or user installation. I have used CB in the past for j1.5 im familier with it, i know how to install it - i never had a problem in the past - in fact my company WAS a subscriber in the past but support was so bad we didnt continue it.

In fact our experiances with community builder where so bad we stopped using it, but i thought time has passed j1.7 is around lets see if there has been any improvement. I sad to say that right now my impression is there has not.

5. I dont want all your modules all over my page - i want my site configured as I want it, not a community builder site. If the software is relient on your login modules appearing its no good for me and its not really any good for modern day joomla.

6. All FBCConnect integrations have been followed - uninstalled and reinstalled.
7. Community builder was uninstalled and reinstalled.

8. your installation manuals where followed to the letter with the exception of making the CB login panel visable on the page. I only want facebook registration showing on the front page and CBlogin is ugly and takes up to much space.

My coming to your support forum was a LAST resort.

No offence beat - in the seven years i been around joomla community builders customer service has not improved one bit.

I say this not as an attack - but in the hopes you will listen and act on it.

In fact i remember the day you introduced your "subs" system and customer service has gone down hill ever since then.
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186963 by piprees
Now on a positive note.

Communtiy builder is great for newbies to joomla who dont have complex needs who want to run a simple community - but the second you want to integrate with other main stream and essential modules and extensions you start to run into problems.

Community builder is not joomla - its down to you guys to work with other CORE main stream extentions - not them.

If you dont, your just going to slip into the background as other developers come up the ranks.

Dont be offended by my comments Beat - im giving you some feedback maybe others are to afraid to give you.
12 years 4 months ago #186965 by beat
Well, thanks for your feedback and for your point of view, that i do respect, as well as for your past support.

Glad too that you never had a problem in the past with CB.

Fact is simply that CB requires its login module, and that's our official (and hopefully helpful) support answer, within 24 hours from your initial request, on our free support forum.

As you know CB well, you know it has always been like that, and that it is clearly documented. You might not like that answer or fact, and that's your right, but technically, CB needs it because of all its workflows possibilities (even if each site only uses a single one in most cases), and Joomla's login module can't offer those functions, nor be extended to offer them.

CB's login module looks exactly same as joomla (and can be configured extensively to look the way you like it), so there is no technical nor esthetic issues imho.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
12 years 4 months ago #186966 by piprees

beat wrote: To me it looks at first glance that you did not activate in the JFBconnect the CB integration properly, as CB has an API for registration, and it looks like the CB-specific integrations have not been set by JFBconnect. As that's a commercial extension, you should ask for support there first.

Also you need the CB login module for CB, as detailed in the free installation manual PDF.

As mentioned in my original post

JFBConnect - Configurations
User Creation - Full Joomla User
Skip User Joomla Activation - Yes

JFBConnect - Profiles
Skip CB activation - Yes
Show non mapped fields - Yes (and not all showing)

So yes JFBConnect was correctly configured.

You communtity builder menu item is assigned to a public menu item which is what has always been required.

On a side note - the joomla login module is ugly as well ;)
Its why i dont use it :)

BUT i will publish your cblogin and see if that makes a difference - however i dont want it, those sort of login manuals just generate to many spam registrations.

However this does not explain why confirmation emails are still being sent out despite being turned off and why the users are requiring manual moderation and confirmation despite it being turned off in your settings.
12 years 4 months ago #186971 by nant

piprees wrote:

beat wrote: JFBConnect - Configurations
User Creation - Full Joomla User
Skip User Joomla Activation - Yes

JFBConnect - Profiles
Skip CB activation - Yes
Show non mapped fields - Yes (and not all showing)

So yes JFBConnect was correctly configured.

I have no idea how this third party script works, but setting a parameter named: 'Skip CB activation' to Yes sounds like trouble.

Looks like the script is creating a Joomla user but it is not adding relevant table row to cb database. This would explain some of the behavior.

Sorry, I do not have this script so I cannot further comment.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn