Creating a CUSTOM URL for users/members

17 years 9 months ago #16902 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:Creating a CUSTOM URL for users/members
What about this feature into Cb 1.0 stable ?

Is it possible post an official article/document about tip and tricks needed and solved like this one ? (an official document to download and keep upgraded)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17463 by Rooby
Replied by Rooby on topic Re:Creating a CUSTOM URL for users/members
Hi. I've gone through this a bunch of times and I think I've pinpointed the error, but this seems strange. I'm using RC2, but when trying the URL normally as in index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=Rooby, that doesn't come up. I just get a message saying the user does not exist or is no longer available. Only using the user id number, not the username, works. I'm using SEF Advance but even when turned off I still have this problem.

17 years 9 months ago #17678 by sebi
heyhey...

at first i want to thank you for this great and easy idea...

i'm running my site in an subdir on my webserver called "portal", so i got it working with the following htaccess:

[code:1]DirectoryIndex index.htm index.php

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /portal/

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)/?$ index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user='$1' [L]

# RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php?cb_username=$1
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|css|js|pl|txt)$
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php[/code:1]

i'm trying to use this together with the hotornot-component.
at least i'm redirected to the correct profile, but the images from the hototnot-modules do not show up. (i got newest and random pic in the header). i also got a profile tab with the user's submitted pictures, they also don't show up.

the problem is, that the img-urls are like

mysite.com/components/com_hotornot2/ etc.

but should be

mysite.com/portal/components/com_hotornot2/ etc.

this is only for the hotornot-pics, the standart img-folder is found correctly, as well as the /templates/bla/img-folder

would be great if someone could help me in this case, i really would like to use this feature.

i also wonder if this mod for showing the userurl is still around, couldnt find it.

thanks a lot and please excuse my english ;)

...sebi

edit: i looked it over again, and its quite strange, its not only the hot-or-not-pics. when i go to an userpage by mysite.com/username, the user avatar of the user is shown correctly, but my own avatar that should be in the cb-loginbox won't appear. :S

Post edited by: sebi, at: 2006/07/26 16:56

Post edited by: sebi, at: 2006/07/26 16:58

17 years 8 months ago #18682 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Creating a CUSTOM URL for users/members
Is there a way to write something for Open SEF to do exceptions so that this will work. There has to be a way

gypsydogg

17 years 8 months ago #18683 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Creating a CUSTOM URL for users/members
mediaguru wrote:

henmar wrote:

hi mediaguru,
I have enabled custom url and seems working fine but the problem
is it works only when i type it manually in the address bar,eg www.mysite.com/username, But when i click on the profile link it
doesnt show custom url rather it shows www.mysite.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/Itemid,314/
So how can i enable to show custom url when i click on profile.
And another problem is it doesnt work with OpenSEF but works without SEF and with standard SEF.
Thanks
henmar

Post edited by: henmar, at: 2006/06/20 09:37

It is working properly. The url like www.mysite.com/user is not the acutal url. Mod rewrite is basically rewriting that so it goes to the com_comprofiler url.

So is there a way to get this to work with OpenSEF if so, how?

gypsydogg

17 years 8 months ago #18785 by bennieblanco
Replied by bennieblanco on topic Re:Creating a CUSTOM URL for users/members
I can't get it to work I tried all options found on this forum.the best I get so far is "This profile does not exist or is no longer available" whch tells me that profile cant be seen becasue the user profiles are determined bu user ID not user name

SEF on or off same message apears

anyone?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn