uddeIM 0.6b+ (0.5b with some enhancements)

16 years 6 months ago #48462 by pietrogallo
Replied by pietrogallo on topic Re:uddeIM+ 0.7 beta
Guys,

I found the bug (it was actually a bug)!

In fact, there is no need to hack the core or to create a cb plugin. The code is already in the source (lines 1515 and 1824 of uddeim.php).
[code:1] if (!checkExistsEMN($myself)) {
[/code:1] should be changed to: [code:1] if (!checkExistsEMN((int)$savetoid)) {
[/code:1]

The script was checking for existence of entry in jos_uddeim_emn for sender instead of receiver!!!

The problem is that uddeIM does not maintain a user database. So when you create a new user in CB or Joomla how should uddeIM know that there is a new user?

The idea is that uddeIM knows there is a user when a message is sent to that user. Actually, with the correction above the autowelcome plugin will help creating entries in jos_uddeim_emn for all new users.

Post edited by: pietrogallo, at: 2007/10/21 20:18

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #48466 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM+ 0.7 beta
Yes, its a bug. I added the code in the last sec but nevertheless when the autowelcome plugin creates a message, no notification will be send.

But it solves the problem with messages to users who have not used uddeIM before.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 6 months ago #48467 by pietrogallo
Replied by pietrogallo on topic Re:uddeIM+ 0.7 beta
slabbi wrote:

but nevertheless when the autowelcome plugin creates a message, no notification will be send.

Ok, sorry. I thought the autowelcome plugin sent a regular uddeim message to the user.

Pietro

16 years 4 months ago #54067 by pawanaidu
Replied by pawanaidu on topic Pls help me
Hi
I want to design a website for college.

I have to develop a site with the joomla frame work for our college. It has some of the basic feautures

1) Home Page :- it has pictures of our college , birthday special, Idea of the day, Party videos and pictures.

2) About us :- it has some information about the college and about the website administrator.

3) Student profile:- Every Student has to register first in order to access the website feautures

Registration fields: - First Name, last name, address 1, address 2. city, State , Country, Zip code, Telephone number 1 , Telephone number 2, alternate email address.
Select year of joining the college, course joined

Then Submit Button. Once they clicks Submit button, immediately their username and password should sent to their email addresses as well at the same time they should be logged automatically into their account.

Once they are into their account, they should have the following feautures like
Edit profile
Upload Picture
photogallery
Scrap Book
My friends
Logout

Here they can upload picture which will display as the main image and in the photogallery section they can have all their pictures.

After they can view their friends , they can write a scrap to them and send them an email.

pls guide me sir.

16 years 4 months ago #54069 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Pls help me
@pawanaidu:

Wrong forum, please go to "CB Newbies" or visit the forums at "Joomla.org".

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 3 weeks ago #61314 by Moosh
I have got myself into a bit of a mess with this component. I had installed uddeIM 1.1 before but it only displayed 3 dots for the user to click to open the messsage, I explained here www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,40/id,61278/

So I started from scratch and removed it completely. I'm not sure if I needed to do anything with SQL but now I can't seem to install the 0.5 component. What am I doing wrong?

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn