uddeIM 0.8b released

16 years 5 months ago #49760 by slabbi
uddeIM 0.8b released was created by slabbi
Following features are new 0.8:
===============================
1.) Cleaned up the code a little bit again.
2.) When a message is recalled and send again, uddeIM does not longer send an additional
notification email.
3.) Import tab in admin backend was shown again when settings were saved.
4.) New emoticons from KOLOBOK.us.

Note:
a) Animated emoticons are available for all themes exept "noir" now (maybe someone can
convert all emoticons in "/templates/~~~theme~~~/animated"?).
b) Extended emoticons can be stored in a folder "/templates/~~~theme~~~/animated-extended".
For the default template about 32 animated emoticons are provided. If you need more you
can copy as many emoticons in this folder as you like. The filename is used to identify
an emoticon in the pm (e.g. "cry.gif" will be entered as ":cry:").

5.) Switch between static and animated emoticons.
6.) Delete link is available when a message is read from the outbox folder.
7.) "uddeIM Notify" module for people who do not use Community Builder (this module also
supports popups).
8.) Notifications to a new users will be sent even when these users have not used uddeIM before
and default for notifications is set to always in backend.

9.) "Message Encryption" has been implemented. When this feature is enabled users can secure
messages with an encryption key (called "Password" in the frontend since not everyone knows
the difference between a "password" and a "key"). Messages can only be read when the correct
key is provided. When no key is entered uddeIM falls back to "Message obfuscating".

Warning: This is an experimental feature. Use is with care.
When you are unsure what to do enable "Message obfuscating" only.
You can enable encryption whenever you like.

10.) There are checkboxes in the inbox, outbox, trash and archive now. These checkboxes allow
to delete multiple messages at the same time. You can choose between text and icon layout.
11.) About 50 minor bugs and CSS layout bugs fixed.
12.) Messages can be pruned in the backend manually.
13.) User settings link was not shown when popups where enabled and notifications not.
14.) When CB avatars are enabled, "no picture" avatar is displayed when user has no avatar.
15.) Icons for menubar, bottom links and action links can be enabled/disabled seperately.
16.) The maintenance function has been improved and checks for a few database errors (useful when
you have updated from uddeIM 0.5 and below or when 3rd party software writes in uddeIM's
database tables).
17.) Some configuration variables have changed (this allows to make uddeIM compatible to J!1.5
in near future).
18.) uddeIM allows multiple receivers now. Just enter all names seperated with an ",". To send
a message to Alice and Bob, enter "alice,bob".
There is a small consmetic issue with this feature when blocking is enabled. When one
user blocks you, you will get a message that the message has not been sent. You have to try
again and to re-enter the message and all recipients. None of the non-blocking recipients
will get the message.

Note: uddeIM 0.8b does not use strong encryption (a encryption algorithm like DES, 3DES or AES).
uddeIM uses a vernam cipher which is based on a simple password as key stream (usually this
should be a randomized bit stream). So uddeIM encryption feature is actually not unbreakable
but good enough for our purposes (maybe I implement strong encryption in a future version).

You can download uddeIM here:

www.slabihoud.de/spampal/uddeIM_0.8_unzip1st.zip

Please read "readme uddeIM 0.8.txt" how to update from 0.5b, 0.6b or 0.7b.

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2007/11/08 19:08

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #49846 by bertm
Replied by bertm on topic Re:uddeIM 0.8b released
Hi Slabbi. Great work with this one. A question on the upgrade procedure from 0.7b

Your notes point out that there is a com_uddeim folder under components, and under admin/components, but does not specify if both are to be updated, or if you are intending to warn the user to not get the two mixed up.

Do we update the components folder only, or do we update both the admin/components AND the components folder.

Thanks loads. bert

16 years 5 months ago #49847 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 0.8b released
You have to update both folders of course!

I warn the user not to forget that there is a second folder which must be updated ;)

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 5 months ago #49898 by BLaCKie_MoRGaN
Replied by BLaCKie_MoRGaN on topic Re:uddeIM 0.8b released
Nice going. Thank you!

[] Online Games.gr
[] The Gathering.gr
I am not a freak! I am a PROTOTYPE!!

16 years 5 months ago #49926 by chrishawkins
Replied by chrishawkins on topic Re:uddeIM 0.8b released
Hello,

Is there a way to have the users be able to send out messages through the select a user dropdown menu only be set to admins? I would like to give my users the option to be able to send out messages, but only to me, and only to my selected few admins... I would maybe even like to have a few links next to the message box in the compose screen so that my members can select between a few different admin names that serve different purposes.

please let me know..

Thankss

16 years 5 months ago #49934 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 0.8b released
chrishawkins wrote:

Is there a way to have the users be able to send out messages through the select a user dropdown menu only be set to admins?

Actually not but it seems to be a nice feature for 0.9b ;)

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn