Demo User Account

username: demo
password demo1234

www.emstalk.us

Post edited by: emstalk, at: 2008/03/26 21:55

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #59777 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 1.0 hotfix 1
You have to install "mod_uddeim". This module contains the popup notification code (publish the module on each page on which popups should be visible).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 month ago #59779 by emstalk
Replied by emstalk on topic Re:uddeIM 1.0 hotfix 1
I already have that module installed and it still didn't work. The issue is that it won't let users set the option for the popup in the settings. When I check the box that says Show a popup and click Save Changes. I go back in there and the check mark is gone and the backend shows "No" for popup. It also does not let me set it from the backend either.

I hate to challenge your response but I don't think it's the module. But I am no expert at this stuff. :-)

Jaysen

16 years 1 month ago #59783 by N6REJ
Replied by N6REJ on topic Re:uddeIM 1.0 hotfix 1
This is beginning to sound like a permsissions problem. Check the ownership and permissions of this module and component. What sounds like is happening is your toggling the data but its not being written because you don't have write permission to that area. Perhaps the system info setting in the admin screen or debug can help you with this. Another thing you might look at is the J!suite security file audit.

Bear

16 years 1 month ago #59813 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:uddeIM 1.0 hotfix 1
I don't think that it is a permission problem, since module and component work independently from each other (the module loads the configuration file but thats all).

The user settings are stored in the database and component and module have the same permissions to access them.

When I visited the homepage and logged in I have not seen the module (title and main output can be switched off but the javascript and css includes should be visible in the site source).

So check if the module is published for registered users and popups are enabled in the modules settings.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 month ago #59833 by emstalk
Replied by emstalk on topic Re:uddeIM 1.0 hotfix 1
The module is installed but I currently have it unpublished at the moment. When I was using the module, I could not get the popups working so right now I am just using the notifications through the CB login module.

I guess the point I am trying to make is shouldn't I at least be able to toggle it on and off regardless of what module I am using?

Does the current CB login module in CB 1.1 support popups? I noticed a modified CB login module in the package but have not yet installed it.

Thank You

Jaysen

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn