Error

Please login first

Ideas, suggestions, features for uddeIM 1.2

16 years 1 month ago #60032 by nant
NateM wrote:

Regarding the "human spammer" problem: I suggested awhile ago that it would be a good idea to include a "report message" feature, which would allow users to report spam and messages to the admin. Basically, they would press a "report message" button, which would send a PM to the admins along with the offending message. This would allow people to report spammers, (and give admins the ability to verify that it was, in fact, a spam message), without giving admins the ability to access others' mailboxes.

CB has a report mechanism.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 1 month ago #60035 by NateM
It doesn't, however, copy the offending message so the admin can determine if it is spam or not, which is something that I would think would be kind of important. Perhaps if that sort of thing could be integrated into the report user function. It would be good if a message could be included as some sort of attachment, in a way that the reporting user couldn't doctor it. Actually, for the most part, I am very very satisfied with the features available in uddeim, this was just something to think about.

16 years 1 month ago #60036 by slabbi
Sounds like a good idea. Could you add it to the tracker, plz?

On the other hand, it is already possible to forward a message to a mod or admin (though an extra button for that would be nice indeed).

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/03/30 14:42

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

16 years 1 month ago #60039 by nant
NateM wrote:

It doesn't, however, copy the offending message so the admin can determine if it is spam or not, which is something that I would think would be kind of important. Perhaps if that sort of thing could be integrated into the report user function. It would be good if a message could be included as some sort of attachment, in a way that the reporting user couldn't doctor it. Actually, for the most part, I am very very satisfied with the features available in uddeim, this was just something to think about.

Nope - it doesn't know why a user is being reported beforehand. It does however allow the reporter to type in a reason, which could be a copy of the PMS spam message. It has been used like this on Joomlapolis before, with human spammers.

16 years 1 month ago #60041 by NateM
slabbi wrote:

Sounds like a good idea. Could you add it to the tracker, plz?

On the other hand, it is already possible to forward a message to a mod or admin (though an extra button for that would be nice indeed).

Post edited by: slabbi, at: 2008/03/30 14:42

Looks like it was already added:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/com_uddeim/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=8584

15 years 10 months ago #68446 by mobilist
Replied by mobilist on topic Re:Ideas, suggestions, features for uddeIM 1.2
i think in backend, all messages are be displayed. Because i must follow-up all registered useres. 500% of Male users make abuse females. Blocking a user falls behind. :blush:

Sorry for bad Egnlish. :)

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn