Cookie Issues causing login problems

16 years 9 months ago #40647 by Marwa
Replied by Marwa on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
I have this problem, but my time is set correctly. If I use the Joomla login module, I can log in normally. If I use the CB login module, I have this problem. What will be the impact on CB to use the Joomla login module?

Thanks
Mariana

Mariana

CB 1.1 Joola 1.0.13 PHP 5.2.1 (CGI version), mySql 5.0.27 Apache 1.3.26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 9 months ago #40747 by mjsoules
Replied by mjsoules on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
Hi all,

Similar problem...We use Joomla 1.0.0 (need to upgrade) and CB (latest release). Currently our login module is not working - cannot login or out. Our poll component has also stopped working (says cookies not enabled when they are). Problems in both Firefox and IE7 (cookies are enabled in both, no problems logging in to other joomla sites). Login module does reject incorrect passwords, recognizes login from backend. User menu never appears, login not recognized from front-end. No difference if remember me box checked or not. Both used to work fine a couple weeks ago.

Our developer has noted:
- Incorrect logins via the cblogin module (the one that shows up on the website, non-admin section) are being rejected, which is a good sign that something is happening.
- Correct logins, for whatever reason, are not setting session variables (my best guess). Without session variables, set, the website doesn’t know you have logged in successfully.

We have hit a brick wall and are not sure of what to do. Would upgrading Joomla possibly help? We are a nonprofit and support paying members, so this is a HUGE setback for us. We'd greatly appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you!

16 years 8 months ago #44071 by bestgayblogs
Replied by bestgayblogs on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
I am having the same issue with no resolve. I recently upgraded to 1.1 and it did not resolve the issue. I cleared cookies, etc. but am logging in succesfully but till getting the login screen.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn