Cookie Issues causing login problems

17 years 2 months ago #30715 by Ayeohx
Replied by Ayeohx on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
Don't know if it helps but my friend who was testing my Joomla login issues had the same login issues. While his computer says that he has cookies turned on I believe it's the mountain of anti-spyware crap that is causing the problems.

I sure hope the community can solve this one for us. I love Joomla. I'm just not clever enough to fix this cookie problem myself. And I'd really like to stick it to my DNN using friend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #30850 by BoJosley
Replied by BoJosley on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
Front end login problems have been driving me mad from weeks now. I fail to login from the front end but the backend shows that I am logged in. It only happens on one of my PCs and it happened on any joomla site including joomopolis. Today I found a solution simply by enabling the "Remember me" check box. With this checked I can login from the front end successfully.

17 years 2 months ago #30860 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
Is your PC clock (date and time) set correctly ?

Cookies's lifetime requires Server and PC clocks to be more or less in sync.

Well, if you would have said from the begin that's only on 1 pc and for many website, would have been easier to pinpoint.... ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 2 months ago #30916 by dartagnan
Replied by dartagnan on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
I also have a problem to login.
When I type my login and password it is like if I am not logged in. But if I click on the "home" link which leads to "mywebsite.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1" then it is good. So only the raw address "mywebsite.com" seems to think I am not logged in.
Is it the same for you?
In this case I guess we should do a redirection upon login to this url? but I don't know how to proceed

your thoughts?

edit: well actually I had no problem before at asian-addict.quotaless.com/joomla and now since the transfer I have a problem at www.asian-addict.com
So I guess I missed something and that this is not your problem, I'll post somewhere else ;-)

Post edited by: dartagnan, at: 2007/02/11 18:25

Planet Asia Asian tradition culture and community

17 years 2 months ago #30918 by Ayeohx
Replied by Ayeohx on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
Nah, mine issue is on a 200+ computer network. I checked and the clock is set correctly.
Whatever the case I'm following this issue. Community Builder is a slick tool. Once someone cracks this problem it'll probably be back on my site.

17 years 2 months ago #31473 by rvsuilic
Replied by rvsuilic on topic Re:Cookie Issues causing login problems
Fresh reinstall of
Joomla 1.0.12
CB 1.0.2
Using IE 6, with cookies ON (tools -> internet options -> privacy, Custom setting with Accept/Accept and of course "Always allow session cookies" checked.
FF gives the same problem.
Other PCs give the same problem.
Problem as described in the thread - "Remember me" must be checked before users are effectively logged in.
So this seems to be some problem with session cookies. Or am I missing something? Or id this an acknowledged bug?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.641 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn