Registration Error

16 years 11 months ago #38688 by kamiwami
Replied by kamiwami on topic Re:Registration Error
I had the same problem, it was fixed when I restored the language files of Joomla and CB.
It seems like CB is very sensitive to the encoding of the language file, once you make any changes, CB will stop working!
Hope it works for you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #38691 by opdesign
Replied by opdesign on topic Re:Registration Error
man, YOU'RE MY HERO :)

I had this little mistake in the language file and now it works just fine.. too bad that I have to do all the settings again now :(

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Regards, Oli

16 years 10 months ago #38940 by nikdooley
Replied by nikdooley on topic Re:Registration Error
opdesign wrote:

I had this little mistake in the language file and now it works just fine.. too bad that I have to do all the settings again now :(

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Regards, Oli

What was the mistake? As I have changed some of the language. But isn't this the whole point of the a language file. For people to customise the language for their own needs?? I will but it back to default to see if this is the actual reason for my registration not working and I will keep you posted.

But it seems like cb is being a bit silly if it will only work if the language file is exactly the same as when downloaded. Or am I to make a new folder for my customised language and leave the default as is?

16 years 10 months ago #38941 by nikdooley
nikdooley wrote:

opdesign wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Regards, Oli

What was the mistake? As I have changed some of the language. But isn't this the whole point of the a language file. For people to customise the language for their own needs?? I will but it back to default to see if this is the actual reason for my registration not working and I will keep you posted.

But it seems like cb is being a bit silly if it will only work if the language file is exactly the same as when downloaded. Or am I to make a new folder for my customised language and leave the default as is?

Well I ftp the default files for the cb component and I still can't get the registration to work. Any Ideas???

I can get the registration page to show and I can fill everything in and then I please submit and I get:

You are not authorized to view this resource.
You need to login.

Then nothing is sent and nothing is saved from the registration. HELP!!!

16 years 10 months ago #38969 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Registration Error
If you are running "hardened php" version, there is a thread explaining what to do. just search for that in forum search top left :)

If not, could you please give us:
- php version
- browser version
- server software version
- ISP name and country ?

thanks

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 10 months ago #39013 by nikdooley
beat wrote:

If you are running "hardened php" version, there is a thread explaining what to do. just search for that in forum search top left :)

If not, could you please give us:
- php version
- browser version
- server software version
- ISP name and country ?

thanks

PHP version 4.4.6
Browser IE 7, Firefox, IE 6
CB 1.0.2
Mambo 4.6.2
Hostmonster is my hosting company in USA

I believe I have tried the hardened php solution with no luck but I will check it out again!

The funny thing is I had this problem a while back and I thought I fixed it but it is back!!! Hopefully this can be fixed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.550 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn