Registration Error

17 years 1 month ago #34424 by kpepiton
Replied by kpepiton on topic Re:Registration Error
I was having the same problem and seemed to have solved it for the moment by making the registration.php and registration.html.php executable and puttin an extra x on the index.html so it did not some how steal visitors.

After i did that at least one user who could not get past the 403 did register.

Now, how unsecure is it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #34538 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Re:Registration Error
glassparman wrote:

I have the exact same problem. User fills in all the reg data and then clicks the button, then they get the "You are not authorized to view this page" error.

Would like to see some possible thinks to look at. I think it's just a configuration problem somewhere.

Joomla 1.0.10 stable - moving to 12
CB 1.0.2

Everything else works good. I can create the user manually then synchronise and the user works. They just can't complete registration through CB.:(

Michael

Post edited by: glassparman, at: 2007/03/22 03:31

I'm quoting my own post . . . I fixed this problem by upgrading Joomla from 1.0.10 to 1.0.12 - no problems now!

16 years 11 months ago #37971 by kamiwami
Replied by kamiwami on topic Re:Registration Error
glassparman wrote:

I'm quoting my own post . . . I fixed this problem by upgrading Joomla from 1.0.10 to 1.0.12 - no problems now!

I have the same problem. Everything was OK and suddenly the registration page stopped working. After submitting the form people get the message : "Please login or Register to view or modify your profile."

I already have Joomla! 1.0.12
Any help is highly appreciated

16 years 11 months ago #38661 by opdesign
Replied by opdesign on topic Re:Registration Error
hey guys, I'm facing the same problem!

Suddenly my registration stopped working.. when I press the registration button all I see is
[code:1]Please login or Register to view or modify your profile[/code:1]

what happened? I didn't change or do anything :(

//edit1: I just re-installed the cblogin module as well as the CB component... still doesn't work! Does anyone has an idea?

Post edited by: opdesign, at: 2007/05/30 00:20

16 years 11 months ago #38683 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Registration Error
If you got some spare time in the next days/weeks, please PM Trail to join CB testteam for testing fix on upcomming release. Thanks. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 11 months ago #38687 by opdesign
Replied by opdesign on topic Re:Registration Error
nobody an idea?

The registration is pretty important to my site :(

It seems to me as if the "registration submit" is linked to the wrong page...

or could you at least give me some ideas where to start looking for the error? I tried reinstalling the compononent as well as the cb modules... what else could be the problem?

Thanks so much guys!

Post edited by: opdesign, at: 2007/05/30 09:32

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn