scroller error

17 years 7 months ago #20971 by mpausch
Replied by mpausch on topic Re:scroller error
Hi Nick,

ok did that and it worked. But.. then I changed the following..
renamed item from CB Profile Gallery to Gallery, changed the background color to BFC3AE, and slowed down the scroll speed to 1 from 3. It broke again.

It seems like it might have to do with renaming the item. When I changed the name it started working intermittently. I would click around from one menu item to another and sometimes the gallery would be there and other times just the title but no images. I have it set to appear on all pages by the way. Right now i just unpublished it and will move on.

Thanks for your help on this. I do love this module!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 6 months ago #24028 by Codestream
Replied by Codestream on topic Re:scroller error
nant wrote:

maybe a test account?

Hi guys,,,
I have been through the same ordeal with the scroller, it breaks when clicking throughout the site. It works sometimes then Not on other times.

the javascript error says: "pgmjs1_slidespeed is undefined" when it breaks, like its failing to pull the scroller speed value sometimes. what could be causing this?

I've named, renamed the tab, and I uninstalled the mod and put it back again, and all that like in this thread and still get them same error now and then.
View my site: www.displaymode.com :whistle:

I have test accounts in place...

I even went to DynamicDrive to look at the values for the script there but that doesn't help too much, cause in the cb integration the script is pulling the value from the Database like here-> pgmjs1_slidespeed ... so something is disrupting the call for this value periodically, any ideas?

It happens in both IE, and FF... :S

Hope I didn't miss anything, but has anyone solved this issue? Its kinda important for the site concept, need to solve,,, HELP!

Codestream, Los Angeles, CA

17 years 6 months ago #24029 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:scroller error
Please see if the fix proposed here:

forge.joomla.org/sf/go/artf6054?nav=1

helps this problem.

Otherwise, I will be working on a new version (of the gallery plugin and module) due to be released sometime in November (no promises).

If the proposed fix does not help then please post an artifact on the forge (see sig).

17 years 2 months ago #31152 by jgates
Replied by jgates on topic Re:scroller error
Can someone post the fix here? Follwoing the link requires a registration to view. I tried to register but i keep getting an error. Please help.

Post edited by: jgates, at: 2007/02/15 01:46

17 years 2 months ago #31162 by Codestream
Replied by Codestream on topic Re:scroller error
jgates wrote:

Can someone post the fix here? Follwoing the link requires a registration to view. I tried to register but i keep getting an error. Please help.

Post edited by: jgates, at: 2007/02/15 01:46

I found that my problem was users putting the ( ' ) apostrophe character into their image names when uploading images into the Gallery. Check those and let everyone know if that was the issue.....

When I removed them the problem went away....

Codestream, Los Angeles, CA

17 years 2 months ago #31331 by jgates
Replied by jgates on topic Re:scroller error
Thanks Codestream I'll check that out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn