[solved] Phpbb user profile tab

17 years 10 months ago #14909 by unzsnu
Replied by unzsnu on topic Re:phpbb profile vs cb profile
well, i couldn't help you coding it ... but i can help you testing it ... contact me via pm, or link me the sources ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15665 by chrisb123
Replied by chrisb123 on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
This sounds very interesting, I was actually thinking about something like this the other day!

Is there any estimated completion date on this, and is there anyway I could help? However im very amature when it comes to coding :(

I am right in thinking, you are planning on removing the phpbb profile completely and replacing it with links to CB profiles instead??

Post edited by: chrisb123, at: 2006/06/20 08:48

17 years 10 months ago #15692 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
chrisb123,

No definite release date defined yet. We have looked at what all has gone into this next version and in the spirit of Joomla decided to bump it to version 2.0.0 since there was a lot going in...

We are also looking at a different way of releasing it this time... since so many changes have been made we are thinking of releasing a true Alpha version while polishing off the features. We will probably offer the Alpha to our existing Beta testers which we have not fed much to. But we may also call for other Alpha testers... this part is still up in the air... if we do this then I would expect an Alpha in the upcoming weeks.

The phpBB Profile currently can be changed in this new version by using the "Edit your Profile" from the CB Profile and it includes all of the profile entries that were in 2.0.20 (have not checked againast 2.0.21 yet)... I am thinking of making a viewable (non-editable) tab also in the CB Profile so you can see your settings without going into Edit mode...

Thanks for your interest,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 10 months ago #15705 by cyberpark
Replied by cyberpark on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
Is there any prelease or Alpha version to test this out ?

I really need my users to have the option to edit their signatures from the CB profile. I actually had to say to my users to use the PhpBB profile meanwhile.

I would rather have CB profile as their default, due to the assigned page you can choose after registering (etc -> forced to choose an Avatar before proceeding)

Also, the choice for defining custom fields also rocks, I just need to find the SQL code to grab the new fields into my PHP files.

17 years 10 months ago #15707 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
cyberpark,

No alpha release is available yet but hopefully will be available in the upcoming weeks.

Currently the user goes through the Edit menu on their profile then select "Update Your Profile"... from there they select the "Forum" tab and they can then see a tab which has all of the inputs of their phpBB Profile tab.

Note this still does not disable or reroute the profile links in phpBB... those should also be changed to make it seem complete.

Not sure how the comments about custom fields affects the connector... as I am assuming you are keeping these on the CB side and not transferring them into a phpBB mod which would hold additional fields. Also the value for those fields are stored per user in the jos_comprofiler table.

Greg

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2006/06/21 00:16

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 10 months ago #15729 by cyberpark
Replied by cyberpark on topic Re:[solved] Phpbb user profile tab
Thanks for the response Greg.

When I go to "Edit your profile" in CB Profile, and choose the PhpBB tab, I only get the option 'phpBB ID:'

Is there suppose to be a signature option here ? or more options ? And what is actually the 'phpBB ID:' tab for, and why can users change this ?

Thanks again, looking forward to the v2.0 release.

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn