Joomla, Php, CB Connector - with no wrapper?

17 years 2 months ago #31881 by bddl888
Gump,
how did u get the phpBBconnector to work with the mehdi bridge? I've installed the connector but the posts are not showing on the CB user profile...

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 2 months ago #31915 by gump
I'll post up what we did tomorrow (after I get some sleep hehe).

It'sa bit of a dirty hack, as both Chris and I arn't fluent in Joomla nevermind CB. But you guys might be able to pick it up and see what you can do with it :)

The next hurdle is phpBB3. It's in beta5 and it won;t be long before it's got a public release. We're gonna start looking into how to integrate phpbb with joomla using beta5 - get a feel for it. It uses a completly new template system so, hold onto your chopping boards becasue this bad boy is gonna require some ammount of hacking!

G

17 years 2 months ago #31927 by egenes
Hi all,

here's how to use my hacked version of Mendhi's phpBB bridge files for integrating phpBB into your joomla+CB template layout BUT without having it take control of logging in and out, registration, etc. The CB phpBB plugin still controls login, backend etc. (nice plugin by the way:P ) - make sure you have first installed phpBB 2.0.22 to your site.

1) Copy all files from Mendhis_phpBB_Hack_for_CB_phpBB_plugin.zip -> phpbb-2.022 directory (see attached file) into your forum base directory, replacing those already there.

***important to use hacked files attached here otherwise the native mendhi phpBB bridge files will corrupt your user database each time you login, and you wont be able to access phpBB admin***

2) Install the com_phpBB component (doesn't do anything, just there for reference of site dir's, so still needed)

4) Create a new menu link to your forum in the joomla backend by Menu-> New -> link-url -> the link address is your base directory ie. /forum/

5) Synchronise the admins, and then the users with the sweet CB_phpbb_plugin. You should be set!

The only thing you may find is that you'll have to change some of your css fields, esp those for tr or td tags as the bridge mixes phpBB template and joomla style sheets - let me know if you want me to remove this from my hacked version - dead easy!).

that's it. all done - not pretty but works really reliably and leaves your database, CB and joomla files alone. So a quick, easy and dirty integration.

Cheers

Enjoy!

Attachment Mendhis_phpBB_Hack_for_CB_phpBB_plugin.zip not found

Post edited by: egenes, at: 2007/02/24 18:03

Post edited by: egenes, at: 2007/02/24 18:12

Post edited by: egenes, at: 2007/02/24 18:16
Attachments:

17 years 2 months ago #32013 by EeasyPeezy
Replied by EeasyPeezy on topic Re:Joomla, Php, CB Connector - with no wrapper?
Excellent job Egenes, but do you have a link to the finished integration. I just want to see what it looks like. B)

Post edited by: EeasyPeezy, at: 2007/02/25 23:30

17 years 2 months ago #32086 by egenes
sorry folks, example sites down now.

Cheers

Post edited by: egenes, at: 2007/03/02 14:53

17 years 2 months ago #32120 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Joomla, Php, CB Connector - with no wrapper?
I noticed that the ZIP file a few posts up includes v1.0.2 of the phpbb connector... I would probably switch it out to v1.0.3... (from cbconnector.com... I know I need to update the copy on this website as well...)

I have briefly peeked at the mendi code... I am impressed as to how he was able to include some of that code virtually untouched... I will take a peek when I get a chance and see how the same or similar could be done within the connector alone... (probably be a bit though)...

Also egenes, I like your ability to hack around with the code... Have you registered at cbconnector.com yet? I would like to set you up as an Alpha tester where you could start messing around with CB Connector v2.0 currently on an Alpha 3 release...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn