Error

Please login first

Failed...cb.captcha.php does not exist!...

15 years 10 months ago #68232 by rofar
I keep getting the following, when trying to install the CB Captcha 2.2 RC plugin:

Upload showPlugins - Failed
File /var/www/html/mysite/media/install_XXXxXXXXXXXXX/plug_cbcaptcha/cb.captcha.php does not exist!
[ Continue ... ]

I have seen other threads with such errors, but have not found explanation:

how do i install a personal messaging system?

What puzzles me is that I thought Joomla was supposed to use the /tmp directory for installs. I don't know why I see the CB installer looking for something in the /media/ directory.

Can someone explain what might be wrong? (And yes, I am using genuine parts. :P )

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #68468 by rofar
I know nant and beat are hard at work and I can see that this post got buried in a flood of other posts. My sympathies, nant and beat! I know you have a lot to juggle, with your own day jobs, actual development on the software and then forum support too! Many thanks!!

If you get a moment and can respond to this one, I would be greatly appreciative! :-)

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 10 months ago #68474 by nant
What CMS and version are you using?

What version of PHP are you using?

What version of mysql are you using?

How are you trying to install?

If you are using Joomla 1.5.X please enable ftp layer and click on the save password setting in the global parameters area of joomla.

It works ok on all my test sites.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/07/16 09:33

15 years 10 months ago #68505 by rofar
nant wrote:

What CMS and version are you using?

Joomla 1.5.3 (Sorry, I will specify in each post, from now on - maybe I should come up with a signature with these details? :-)

What version of PHP are you using?

PHP 5.2.5

What version of mysql are you using?

MySQL5 - 5.0.27

(Not that it matters, but - phpMyAdmin 2.9.2)

How are you trying to install?

Through the CB plugins installer. Regular chose and upload/install manner.

If you are using Joomla 1.5.X please enable ftp layer and click on the save password setting in the global parameters area of joomla.

I do have this set, as you said. I have had it set like that the whole time. Does the "FTP Root" location matter? It's not out in the /html area.

It works ok on all my test sites.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2008/07/16 09:33

Thanks, I hope you can think of some other possible things to check. I appreciate your help!

Post edited by: rofar, at: 2008/07/16 17:03

15 years 10 months ago #68510 by nant
Only thing I can think of is a bad zip file.

Please PM me backend access and I will take a look.

15 years 10 months ago #68519 by rofar
nant wrote:

Only thing I can think of is a bad zip file.

Please PM me backend access and I will take a look.

nant, is there a way to install with the files unzipped?

Does CB use the /media folder instead of the /tmp for installs?

...I'll add no backend access to my signature. :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn