Error

Please login first

Failed...cb.captcha.php does not exist!...

15 years 10 months ago #68525 by nant
No backend = not much I can do.

You can unzip locally and check if the package has the cb.captcha.php file.

You can redownload the package and try again (just in case there was a download error).

You can unzip locally, verify that the package has the file, then zip it up again and try installing newly zipped package.

Other than that, nothing more I can do, since I have no access to your environment and most likely, there is something in your environment that is causing this.

Good luck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #68538 by rofar
People must have a different mindset over in Switzerland. I am telling you, most Americans would not want someone on the other side of the planet logging into their administration or FTP . But anyway...

You didn't answer my questions. Does CB use the /media folder instead of the /tmp folder? Why am I getting error messages with a path to the media folder?

I always unzip and untar to see what's in an installation before using it. So, I know it has the cb.captcha.php file.

The problem that I see is that it thinks the media folder is where the temporarily unpacked software is and cannot find the file it is looking for, when it is getting put in another folder, maybe the /tmp folder.

I have searched the forums here. There are other unanswered threads with a similar topic. So, it doesn't seem like I am alone on this.

Maybe you know something about the CB code that I don't, that would be generating that message with the /media folder?

Would appreciate further help. Thanks.

Post edited by: rofar, at: 2008/07/16 21:47

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 10 months ago #68545 by beat
CB 1.2 RC 2 tries its best to find a writable temporary folder for unpacking plugins for installation.

It defaults to media when it doesn't find any, including php's default one.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #68547 by rofar
Thanks, beat! This helps!

Is there any way to force CB to use the /tmp folder inside Joomla? I know for a fact that the /tmp folder works, because I have installed CB and it used that folder!

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 9 months ago #68657 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Failed...cb.captcha.php does not exist!...
He's not asking for backend access to your site through CPanel or PHPMyAdmin. He's asking for Super Administrator access to the Joomla/CB portion you're having problems with.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 9 months ago #68749 by rofar
Rapunzl, I am not going to debate this issue. First of all, to me there is no difference. Second, I have been asked for FTP access as well. The majority of web-masters I know would never give that out. It is my strong preference not to give out my domain or login information or FTP information. So, I think as a customer that wish should be accepted and we can still work through issues.

Post edited by: rofar, at: 2008/07/19 04:22

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.930 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn